Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound issues

by JenniMS09 / November 15, 2009 5:55 AM PST

I just bought the Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track single bar surround sound system (with the wireless sub-woofer) and have hooked up to an new LG-LH40 TV. The sound works, but the levels are very low even when I put the surround sound bar volume all the way up. I connected exactly as the instructions said and I can't figure out why the volume levels aren't high enough. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

thanks!
Jenny

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 16, 2009 2:53 PM PST

JenniMS09,

Is it connected directly to the TV, and does the volume raise when you raise the TV volume?

Or is it connected to a cable/sat box? (those also can often have independent sound volume options).

--HDTech

Collapse -
connected to TV and volume does rise
by JenniMS09 / November 19, 2009 8:52 AM PST

it's connected directly to the TV, like the Best Buy salesmen told me to do. the volume does raise, but it's very very low. when i have it all the way up, i can hear the TV, but there's also that white noise sound. what should i do or try?

Collapse -
connected to TV and volume does rise
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 20, 2009 4:25 PM PST

JenniMS09,

There are two ways to hook up an audio bar - one is optical, the other is analog. Do you know which way it is hooked up?

--HDTech

Collapse -
optical cable
by JenniMS09 / November 22, 2009 12:44 AM PST

I was using the optical cable... not the analog connection (that uses 3 plugs). I can't seem to get it to switch to Dolby, though. do you think that could be the problem?

Collapse -
Same Problem
by carpetmagic / November 24, 2009 6:11 AM PST
In reply to: optical cable

Hello I just bought a 55" LED samsung tv and the sound bar. I'm having the same trouble cannot get the input mode to change the light is red it won't turn off or change colors. The sound field mode works fine

Collapse -
optical cable
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 25, 2009 7:08 PM PST

JenniMS09,

It would switch to Dolby if there was a Dolby signal going into it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track Volume
by mike.reda / November 26, 2009 11:00 PM PST

Hello, I have a similar problem, but that's not my only problem. I realize that you can't access the visual menu unless the Soundbar is connected to a Samsung TV. But does that mean I can't access any other volume control? My subwoofer is linked, but very very low in volume. As others have said, I also have to turn the system up all the way to get more volume than my regular TV. Is there a fix to this? Please help, thank you!

I have the Soundbar plugged in using the optical cable, into a Panasonic Viera 50'' TV.

Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track Volume
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 29, 2009 11:00 AM PST

mike.reda,

There is a News, Cinema, Music and Pass option for the sound - the bottom buttons on the remote. These offer presets for the EQ, including the subwoofer. What happens if you try to use those presets? Does the bass improve at all?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track LOW Volume
by JenniMS09 / November 29, 2009 11:53 PM PST

I can't access any type of visual menu on the surround sound bar either (b/c it's plugged into an LG TV), but when I press the buttons for News, Cinema, Music and Pass option nothing happens to the sound. The lights change on the bar itself, but the sound quality does not improve or get any louder. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my Comcast DVR cable box?

thanks!
Jenny

Collapse -
Air Track hooked up to an LG
by imranr01 / November 30, 2009 12:12 AM PST

hello,

I just saw your post about having the air track hooked up to your LG tv. I just bought the air track this weekend and hooked it up to my LG flat screen via optical cable. When I press the different presets I do hear a difference in sound. However I cannot access the menu either. According to the handbook there was mention of the remote not being able to access the tv unless the tv is samsung as well. I'm assuming that we won't be able to access the menu since we don't have a samsung tv. That would be pretty dumb if that would be the case. Not sure why they would want to limit themselves.
But as for your case, I'm feeling that it might be the dvr thats causing it. What would happen if you remove the dvr and have the air track connected directly to the tv? Does it work?

For the Samsung tech: In order to access the menu do we need to have a samsung tv?

Collapse -
Air Track hooked up to an LG
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 8, 2009 3:52 AM PST
Collapse -
Not a bright idea to have it limited to only Samsung TV's
by imranr01 / December 8, 2009 4:05 AM PST

Ok, so basically we're stuck with the presets "music, news, cinema" and have no control over the base levels and what not correct? Unless we have a Samsung TV only then can we have real control over the audio levels?

Collapse -
Not a bright idea to have it limited to only Samsung TV's
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2009 5:27 PM PST

imranr01,

But it's not. The functionality is the same for all brands.

The additional controls are TV menu controls for Samsung TVs. So there's no limitation from one brand to another.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I have a Samsung LN55B650 and I can't get DOLBY
by gabbypepper / January 31, 2010 11:44 PM PST

Please help. It will not budge from PNC. Is this analog?

Collapse -
Similar Problems & Remote Will Not Work
by RBCCO / August 27, 2013 10:39 AM PDT

I am having the same issues. Have a series 5 5300 40 inch LED TV, with Samsung HW-F355. Crystal Surround AirTrack 2.1 Center Bar and Subwoofer. My remote will not control the bar at all but does the TV. Optical direct from Tivo then tried TV to bar now just tried Bluetooth. I can pair products with the bar via bluetooth, such as my Samsung S4 phone and wireless bluetooth headphones. Still can't control anything. Subwoofer is non existent and I have it plugged in using the cable. Anyone know why there seems to be a general product defect, just looking at all these similar posts. I work with these systems for a living and I can't figure this out. Anyone have any ideas on why the remote won't control the bar but will the TV? Have tried new batteries w/no luck. Anyone spoken with Samsung directly? They must have a load of complaints by now. would appreciate if you know of a fix or what else to do. Thank you!

Collapse -
Sam Crystal Surround Air Track
by P6829445 / January 29, 2010 9:53 PM PST

Hi Jenni
I have just hooked up my system also. Everything is working except I can't change the imput mode ether. I've tried the remote and touching the right side of the speaker bar. The red led light indicating (PCM)which I have NO idea what that is,will not change to green. I am also hooked up to Optical. Does antone know what PCM is and is it ok to leave it on PCM?
Thanks Scott

Collapse -
Sam Crystal Surround Air Track
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2010 5:09 PM PST

P6829445,

PCM is the stream that the system is receiving. If it receives a Dolby signal, then the unit will recognize the Dolby signal and switch automatically. It's not something you can change, except in the source (attached DVD, Blu-Ray or Cable/Sat box) settings so that it *sends* a Dolby signal.

It's perfectly fine to leave it on PCM, as that's the signal the soundbar is receiving.

--HDTech

Collapse -
samsung subwoofer ps-wc450 No Sound
by gurusankar / February 1, 2013 7:09 PM PST

Hi,

I have problem with samsung subwoofer ps-wc450. there is no sound, the indicator blue light is on but no sound.

Also, can't power off from remote. Its turned on automatically. Pls help to fix it.

Thanks,
guru

Collapse -
Samsung Sound Bar
by josezeno24 / February 14, 2013 3:50 AM PST

i have a samsung air track model hw-e450 the tv worked at first but this past week the aux is not working correctly, i have it connected to my tv and it is connected correctly. I can only hear when i place it in 3d mode low/high and also the volume stays the same no matter how high or low i put it. Sound bar works just fine on bluetooth mode. Could it just be the cable or is the sound bar itself messed up?

Collapse -
Please don't hide in a 2009 post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 14, 2013 3:55 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung Sound Bar

I'd make a new post. However, try changing the audio out to PCM or stereo. Please create a new post with the TV model as well.

My bet is the bluetooth works because it forces the audio to be in a compatible mode.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Air Track HW-F350
by breinholt80 / February 10, 2014 7:53 AM PST

I have a 60" lg TV and can't get the sound to work on the Air Track. Any suggestions?

Collapse -
Advice. Don't bury your post in 1500 day old threads.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2014 8:31 AM PST

This thread is more than 1548 days old.

Collapse -
SOUND LEVELS FOR SAMSUNG CRYSTAL SURROUND AIR TRACK
by sagev / December 1, 2009 5:39 PM PST

I had the same problem, low volumn when I connected the optical cable from the soundbar directly to my Sony Bravia 52" LCD. I disconnected it from the Sony, and connected it directly to the optical connection on the back of the cable box. The flat screen sound was much much better and fuller. However,does anyone know how to hook the soundbar up to my Blu Ray so I can experience the same sound quality? Do I use the RCA plugs from the soundbar to the Blue Ray?If so, I get the sound from the TV, not the sound from the Blu Ray. Help....
SAGEV...

Collapse -
SOUND LEVELS FOR SAMSUNG CRYSTAL SURROUND AIR TRACK
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2009 1:45 PM PST

sagev,

Have you tried toggling the sound options on the Blu-Ray from PCM to Bitstream, or the other way around?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Sage
by tim5051 / February 7, 2010 2:36 AM PST

I have the same issue. I have the soundbar hooked up to my blu ray player (BDP 3600), for the sole reason of Dolby, however, it does not work when another input is being used (TV, Wii, X-Box 360. Another poster had suggested to me to get a 3 way optical switch (about 10 bucks on amazon, however, I am hoping that there is a different way to do this

Collapse -
Remote Issues
by Greenman033 / March 21, 2010 7:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Sage

I purchased the Crystal Samsung Air Track & a 46" Samsung tv (LN46C630K1F) a few days ago. I've tested the TV, Air Track, and Direct TV remotes and have issues with them responding to the Air Track.

Using the TV and Direct TV remotes the tv gives me the statement (! Not Available) which is not a big deal when it works. I can be 2-14 ft from the Air Track and get no response unless I spam and wave the remote around.

My setup is
Direct TV Box -HDMI-> TV -Optical-> Air Track

I have changed HDMI and Optical wires to see if that would solve the issue. Also I've directed my PS3 -Optical-> TV with no help either.

My question is, is this normal for this type of product? I own numerous Samsung products and never had an issue till I bought this.

Collapse -
no sound
by racer182 / November 25, 2011 11:54 AM PST
In reply to: Remote Issues

Hello, we just also purchased the Samsung 46" and the Crystal Surrond Air Track, and we can not get any sound out of it period.......We have it hooked up with the audio cable, bought an optical cable and still nothing.

Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track Sound Issues
by Ted1001 / July 22, 2010 2:14 AM PDT

I have the same problem. My tv is a toshiba and have a cable box. the samsung is hooked directly to the tv.

Collapse -
samsung sound bar low volume issues
by Ted1001 / July 22, 2010 4:12 AM PDT

by same problem i mean it has to be up all the way to hear it.

Collapse -
No sound at all for PS3
by Erasmussen1414 / January 24, 2011 12:01 PM PST

Strange issue here. Soundbar connected to Sharp AQUOS TV via optical cable. PS3 connected to TV via HDMI cable. Sound works for cable and DVDs/Blurays on the PS3, but sound does not work for PS3 menu or games...

I have played with the PS3's sound settings allowing DTS, Dolby 5.1, and PCM and none work. I would imagine that the PS3's games and menu transmit Dolby or DTS, but when that is enabled, the soundbar keeps searching for PSM and won't automatically switch to Dolby or DTS sound, and hitting the button on the remote does nothing (so whats the point of the button?)

This is pretty annoying. Any advice? Or is the soundbar just not made to work with a PS3's games or menu sounds?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.