Samsung

General discussion

Samsung Crystal Sound Air Track with HDTV series 6000 etc.

by do1oresb / June 28, 2010 9:36 PM PDT

I have all Samsung products...sound/HDTV Series 6000 and Blu-Ray disc player. All purchased about one month ago at BestBuy.

SERIES 6000 LED HDTV MODEL - UN46B6000VF8ZA S/N Z1GY3CNS00285N Version BN01.

SOUND BAR MODEL - HW - C450/XAA S/N 9FFYITBZ200730R.

BLU-RAY BD-C6500 COULD NOT GET AT THE BACK TO GET THE S/N.

I have Verizon FIOS as well.

I have what appears to be an issue with Input mode the Optical Digital in where it only shows PCM and analog with Digi 1 or Digi 2. It does not allow me to select Dolby sound. I have all the cables in the right places and technicians have been out to my home twice to look at the set up. All seems to be in order. Can you tell me why this is happening and/or how I might be able to select Dolby? Thank you for your time.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Crystal Sound Air Track with HDTV series 6000 etc.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Crystal Sound Air Track with HDTV series 6000 etc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am having the same problem...
by tj84comet / June 29, 2010 5:33 AM PDT

I'm having the same problem, all Samsung products (LED TV 6300, BluRay player BDC6500XAA, and Crystal Track sound bar). Has anyone responded or have you found info elsewhere? This is driving me nuts!
Thanks!

Collapse -
I just posted this today...you are my first response
by do1oresb / June 29, 2010 7:07 AM PDT

Does anyone at Samsung canvas these posts or is this a generic site hoping for an answer. Can anyone tell me where to pose my previous questions to get a response from a technical person at Samsung?

dolores

Collapse -
Samsung Crystal Sound Air Track with HDTV series 6000 etc.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2010 1:10 PM PDT

do1oresb,

For it to process a Dolby signal, it has to be *sent* a Dolby signal. The light display on the front of the C450 Soundbar is telling you what the incoming signal is.

If it's receiving a PCM signal, it means that the source is sending a PCM signal to the Soundbar.

If your Blu-Ray is hooked up to the SoundBar, then you'd select Dolby options on the Blu-Ray or DVD in the disc's audio menu.

If you're using the TV, you'll be able to get Dolby out of the TV's tuner (if the show is broadcast in Dolby - "where available") using the antenna option.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thank you very much
by do1oresb / June 29, 2010 10:51 PM PDT

Yes that does help immensely. It is only receiving what is being sent. Little did I know that not all HD was not Dolby...LOL.

Thank you very much.

dolores

Collapse -
Samsung gave me another story...
by do1oresb / June 30, 2010 11:36 AM PDT

I will have to put in a movie that sends a dolby signal and try it. Samsung gave me an entirely different scenario, but I will try both. What you stated makes more sense and what they are referring to is a Plasma TV not an LED, is there a difference?

Collapse -
Samsung gave me another story...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 1, 2010 12:55 AM PDT

do1oresb,

There shouldn't be a difference, at least how the audio signal is sent.

Most discs will have an AUDIO menu, and choosing a Dolby option would have to be done prior to pushing PLAY for the movie to start.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.