Samsung

General discussion

Samsung Cracked Screen Plasma 58 inch TV

by kdennis100 / April 1, 2011 4:41 AM PDT

I have been following the previous threads on the screens cracking for no reason.This same thing happened to my 2 month old 58 inch plasma Samsung TV. The retailed refused to help me rosolve this. I contacted Samsung over a week ago and have had no response. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a transaction number if it is needed. If I don't get a responce from Samsung, I will contact Better Business Bureau and NJ Attorney General but would rather it be resolved before it gets to that..

I saw the Samsung Tech post comments to give transaction number and he could help.
My transaction number is 5001241699

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Cracked Screen Plasma 58 inch TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Cracked Screen Plasma 58 inch TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2011 7:07 AM PDT

kdennis100,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your plasma.

I've sent up your transaction number and a request for a manager to review your case. I can't approve service inquiries, but they may be able to.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 4, 2011 7:40 AM PDT

kdennis100,

It was deemend physical damage, so you'd have to speak with the service center.

That's all the information I have. For further information, you'd have to contact the service center.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by kdennis100 / April 5, 2011 5:28 AM PDT

It seems like all they do is deem it physical damage so they are done with the issue. What I don't understand is why in some cases they send a Samsung tech out and other times they don't. I am going to pay for a second opinion and forward that onto NJ Attorney General. Lisa from the office of the President called this morning to give her "standard response" that it seems like everyone gets. She gave me her fax number to fax the second opinion to. Do you have her email? Who is above her?

Collapse -
Samsung Cracked Screen Plasma 58 inch TV -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 5, 2011 10:34 AM PDT

kdennis100,

This is way over me. If you were escalated to the Office of the President, they hold more power than I do, and I can't interfere.

--HDTech

Collapse -
58 inch cracked panel
by jigger3605 / April 6, 2011 11:41 AM PDT

I thought I was crazy, but when I went on Best Buy to look for a new tv because my Samsung Plasma had an internal crack the 1 star review referenced this site and thread. At first I called and was told by their 3rd party service it's physical damage, but our tv is mounted high off the floor and was never a problem the first 10 months.

I am now going to call back Samsung and demand answers. There is obviously a quality issue in their supply chain. People should continue to pester them, and, if that does not work, we should encourage people to boycott all their products.

Collapse -
wrong wall mount?
by jerry533 / April 7, 2011 5:24 PM PDT
In reply to: 58 inch cracked panel

I am a cent percent sure that this was caused by internal strain of using a wrong wall mount than the one provided by samsung ,did you get the slim mount specifically designed for the samsung slim tvs ? If not sue your store but if you did get it but use a third party mount like these new slant mounts which can bend over to our viewing angle then it is out of samsung's hands.

Collapse -
Mine too
by AbsinthePassion / December 24, 2011 10:10 PM PST
In reply to: wrong wall mount?

I just posted about the issue I am having with them. Samsung KNOWS that their is an issue with these Plasmas they KNOW the inner screens are cracking all on their own and they keeping claiming that its external damage and Neglect there for not covered by the warranty. I have had to go all the way up the food chain to the President of Operation USA where in July they said they would fix it. Its December 25th and mine is still sitting in the box broken. It worked for three months crack on its own while we were playing PS3.

Collapse -
I've been going through this same problem since 11/9/11 !
by oyakra / March 4, 2012 1:20 AM PST

So far, it seems that Samsung customer service is good at one thing.....giving the run-a-round! I also received the response from my submitted pictures as, "Physical Damage". This is what seems to be the go to answer in their training manual. After a month of e-mails and phone calls, they finally agreed to replace the cracked panel, but I would have to pay for the labor. I reluctantly agreed to at least get a price from their locally chosen repair company. I waited for 2 weeks with no call. I then placed another call to customer service where they apologized and agreed to set up another appointment. Once again, I've still received no correspondence from either Samsung or "Home Service Network" for them to replace the panel. This has gotten me extremely frustrated, first of all because they pretty much call me a liar (without actually saying it), by saying that the panel was physically damaged. They refuse to admit that the problem is due to "Thermal Expansion", and is a known issue with larger plasma screens due to the extreme heat generated from the screen.
I agree that complaints need to be filed in order to get results. Samsung's main office is in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Hopefully if we call the NJ Federal Trade Commission, The NJ Division of Consumer Affairs, and the Better Business Bureau, we can get results. Don't forget, there's always social networking! People need to know what they get when they purchase from Samsung!

Collapse -
I've been going through this same problem since 11/9/11 !
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / March 4, 2012 11:36 PM PST

oyakra,

I'm very sorry to read about your troubles, and I would like to offer my services and help.

If at all possible, could you reply to this post with the transaction number of your previous service claims? I would like to help by sending all of this information to the proper departments and seeing if there is anything else that can be done for you.

Thank you for your time,
--HDTech

Collapse -
Transaction number
by oyakra / March 10, 2012 4:42 AM PST

I've had a few different transaction numbers. This I believe is the most recent,

Collapse -
Transaction number
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2012 12:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Transaction number

oyakra,

I'm sorry for the late reply, but it seems that there is no e-mail address or phone number associated with that transaction number.

If at all possible, could you navigate to the page I have linked in this reply and fill out the Support Form? Please reply back to this post once you have filled the form out, so I can make sure that the appropriate department responds promptly.

http://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport

--HDTech

Collapse -
cracked screen
by hpmehta / October 10, 2012 5:58 AM PDT

i have a 58 in plasma samsung from 3/2010 with a cracked screen as well. i called samsung twice and they refuse to help b/c they claim the tv is out of warranty. it seems as though they deem all cracked screens warranted or not as physical damage and wash their hands of dealing with a quality control issue. i talked to a local samsung repair tech and they told me not to take no for an answer. when talking to the executive customer relations dept, they will not transfer you to anyone else and say that they have to go with whatever their panel review dept says ( they call it physical damage externally thus null and voids the warranty). This is a bunch of crap and personally i am very disappointed in the quality of service they lack to provide. i have had 2 sony 60 in go out on us in the last 6 yrs as well. i banned sony products and it seems samsung will be next. the tech says to take the name and employee id of whoever to speak to and report it to the bbb. i hope your tv gets fixed since it's fairly new. by the way the tech says the bubble crack it from the gas heating up and bursting which is a manufacture's defect when the screens were processed. samsung refuses to acknowledge this.

Collapse -
Re: cracked screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 10, 2012 11:50 PM PDT
In reply to: cracked screen

Hi hpmehta,

I apologize for your experience thus far. If you could post your transaction #, I'd like to see if we can investigate this issue for you.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: Samsung cracked screen
by rbotj / January 25, 2014 11:29 AM PST
In reply to: Re: cracked screen

Just for the record. My relative purchased a Samsung D6400 led tv which lasted
just 1 week before developing internal cracks. The retailer replaced
the unit but within a month the same thing happened. The third unit lasted just
long enough to be out of warranty then developed the same problem. My relative
went out and purchased a Sony but not everyone can afford to do that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.