Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Complaint !!!!!

by sirmugen / October 4, 2009 1:32 AM PDT

I want to vent my Samsung experience because I am too frustrated with a Samsung product and their customer service. I purchase a reasonable expensive (over $1,000) flat top electric stove because I thought it would be better then the generic GE products and I liked all the bells and whistle the stove had. I got it delivered to my house and the installer just turned it on to show that the stove worked or so I thought. Since I had never used an flat top before, I didn't know how long the hot surface like was suppose to stay on. After 2 hours, I realized something had to be wrong. I called Samsung Customer Service to report the defect two days after my stove was delivered (my big mistake). I should have called Best Buy and asked them to replace it. Samsung Customer Service were nice in providing me with a local service company and the company did contact me a few days later. The tech showed up to my house on our scheduled date at 5:30 when he was suppose to be at my house between 8 - noon. The tech took apart the stove top section and pull out every wired that the connected to all five burners before he told that he had to replace the burner. He was so rough pulling out the wiring that I felt he devirginized my stove since I hadn't even used it. I called Samsung and complain that I should get a replace since I had just purchased within 14 days. They transfer me to the Executive Relations department (no public relation) for further assistant to replacing my stove. They gave me a transaction number and tried to resolve the problems several time. Each time I call for status, I get a new answer why my request wasn't approve or what additional information I was missing. Two and a half months later, I have been rejected 2 times for a replacement, waiting for a 3rd and wondering what excuses now as to why they won't replace it since I provide them with everything except my DNA that I purchase the product. I am now on a Samsung products protest and ready to ebay my stove off and cut my loss and just buy a new stove from another manufacturer even GE at this point.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Complaint !!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Complaint !!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Complaint !!!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2009 8:26 AM PDT

sirmugen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

What is your transaction number? I'll see if I can assist. I am not a part of the service department, so I can't guarantee anything, but I'd like to see if I can help.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung I will never buy again..
by unhappywithSamsung / February 22, 2011 7:27 AM PST

Buyers Beware!

We purchased our appliances from Future shop around Nov 20.2011. So just over two months ago. Well we purchased an induction stove (Samsung) which we thought was a great idea with small children. The other great decision we made was to purchase our appliances from a big box outlet thinking we are covered if any warranty issues. Well think again if you do not purchase the extended warranty which is another cost above the price they give you than you are on your own. Let me tell you about on your own. Now we have issues with our stove. Induction works by transferring heat to either a pot or pan by magnetic heat transfer. (Sounds strange but really works great when it works) So we are having problems with the burner sensors I assume and the main panel (Touch screen sensors). I have called Samsung directly to address my concerns as per what the warranty is requiring. They have put me on to a service tech in Edmonton who called once about 3 weeks ago to ask the same questions Samsung asked and should maybe been redirected. The service tech said they would need to speak to someone at their office and never heard back since.. Then I call back Samsung to only be put on hold for well over 25 mins finally give up and call the next day to speak with a guy who seems to get we are having problems and will address it with his manager and gives me the phone number to the tech out of Edmonton. Which turns out to be a fax number when I call?So I decide to wait for another couples days rather than being put on hold for 25 more minutes? So now a few more days pass and I decide to call Samsung again to speak to a lady who stress the exact same concerns the last Samsung worker did. This time I ask is there any record of me speaking to the last Samsung worker she says no..So I ask how do I know if anything is going to get done? She answers you have to trust me?ok like the last guy I spoke to at Samsung.. (I guess you can see where this is going? nowhere fast)

I have a few concerns the stove burners only work with a certain dia pan or pot so if it does not work we are half way through cooking and everything goes cold. If I didn't have children waiting for Dinner this might not be a big concern right now. The other concern is they are now telling me they have to send a tech out well when ever that happens the tech will have to order parts and then we wait and wait and then they get installed maybe. Who knows how long this could get dragged out. I guess my question is why should a person who bought an item like this and have issues not even two months in have to deal with so much headaches. It's not like I'm trying to get a new stove,, it is already new minus the problems. It's not like I don't own more Samsung products and have been a good client..or this is a small company that cannot afford to completely replace the stove to keep me happy and buying Samsung products.

This is not the only Samsung product I own but will be the last I ever buy!!

Collapse -
Samsung I will never buy again..
by sunlaker / February 22, 2011 11:00 AM PST

SPAM

if you want us to read your complaint try some paragraphs. It's a lot easier on the eyes.

Hows that time travel machine working out for you?

Collapse -
sunlaker
by unhappywithSamsung / February 22, 2011 11:21 PM PST

Thanks for the tip..more paragraphs,,I guess when a person vents they forget about the little things.. The stove is ok when everything works..I've heard this tech. Has been around for ever. I guess that's why I bought it. It is a great idea if you have kids but really wish I could get this thing working proper..I really feel Samsung is letting me down and I own lots of samsung products but feel this is the last..

Collapse -
I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG
by ospreyv22 / December 7, 2012 11:21 AM PST

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG products again in my life and will do all possible to prevent anyone I know - or even don't know ( through blogs, etc) from never buying a Samsung product. How is it that foreign manufactures come here and inflict this on American consumers and nobody does ANYTHING about it. If you want reliable household appliances STAY FAR AWAY from Samsung.

We bought a refrigerator in April 2012 and it stopped working in October 2012. We used the warranty service and Samsung Tech (NISI) telling us is Defect Air Compressor and need to get replace. But NISI have to order the replacement Air Compressor it take about a week. We can't wait that long so we call BestBuy and they get the replacement unit replace within 3 day. We already lost $800 worth of food. In December 1, 2012 we noticed the refrigerator running with loud noise and water leaking out from the ice-maker tray and freezer display 80 degree, and cooler display 38 degree. So we call Samsung request for service since we still under warranty, it take 2 day for NISI called and we request for afternoon appointment; they flat-out told us that they don't do afternoon service and schedule us for Dec 8th which a week without refrigerator and all we lost all the food for second time since we buy the Samsung Refrigerator. Samsung stated they have no control over the service company and that is garbage. Any company you use is a reflection on you! So incredibly disappointed and feel like we've been taken advantage of with this warranty service. We want Samsung to replace our Refrigerator.Peoples beware! Don't buy any Samsung Products! 26 cu. ft. French Door RefrigeratorModel #: RF267AERS/XAASerial #: 21830NISI Service Ticket : 4117170921

Collapse -
Samsung washer is an expensive lemon!
by 26510434098862746237006794332435 / July 17, 2015 5:11 AM PDT

So disappointed and upset over washer/dryer set purchased at Lowes about 18 months ago- I have only had 2 washer/dryer sets over the past 50 years doing laundry for a family of 8 for much of that time! And even when I sold each set they each still worked after small repairs! In 2014 I purchased a Samsung set - they worked fairly well for about 8 months - the washer is a piece of junk! Spend time constantly babying the machine, readjusting loads every few minutes to get it to spin. Cycles don't always complete - had to have the 4 rods relaced that evidently hold tub in place and enable it to spin. The rods we have been told will need to be replaced every year - they completely wear out after 1 year! Extremely poor design! Bleach dispensor can't be used so if I want to use bleach I have to wait till water has filled machine, pause the load and pour it directly in to water - it has rusted out all around the edges of dispensor and if you use it it retains Bleach so bleach is spit out through following loads of laundry! This leaves big old bleach spots on your next load which may be your permanent press clothes! The machine is so loud it sounds like a pending train wreck no matter how many times you redistribute load or how big or small your load is - a horrific nightmare! I would be better off with an old ringer washer!! Shame on Samsung - Shame on Engineers that obviously either don't care or are incompetent ion their field! And yet Samsung is one of the most expensive sets you can buy - didn't know I'd have to pay over and over for it in repairs! I was so excited to replace my 15 year old set with something new and quality! I am stuck now till I can save up for a new set. I researched before I bought and saw nothing but positive reviews before I bought - people who wrote those either don't use the machines or had only had them less than 6 months or they were reviews planted by Samsung! Oh I must add - the stupid song that plays to signal your load is done is the ONLY thing on the machine that works! WARNING TO CONSUMERS - STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG AT ALL COST!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.