Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung C6510 LED TV - Internet @ TV not working

by rbuhagiar / May 29, 2010 6:04 PM PDT

Hi I am trying to setup the internet @ tv functions on my samsung series 6 led tv. I did the network test and it works. I can use dlna but when i press the internet button, everthing seems disabled, i cannot do anything. There is "samsung apps" which is disabled and "settings" which is disabled as well. There is another option with +Internet, but if I press it nothing happens.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung C6510 LED TV - Internet @ TV not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung C6510 LED TV - Internet @ TV not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung UN55C8000 - Internet@TV not working
by khansuhaib / May 30, 2010 3:44 AM PDT

I have excatly same issue. And looks like Samsung don't know how to fix it. I'm able to access Yahoo widget but Internet@TV is not working for me.

Collapse -
internet @ tv
by rbuhagiar / May 30, 2010 4:08 PM PDT

how did you start using the yahoo widgets? because it seems i cannot change anything from that screen

Collapse -
(NT) Do you have FIOS internet?
by eeichler / May 31, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
In reply to: internet @ tv
Collapse -
by rbuhagiar / May 31, 2010 12:41 AM PDT

No I have normal cable internet.

Collapse -
Re: have you tried to reset TV?
by jujubeeeyu / June 20, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Re

I have a UN55C6500 LED and I have the exact same problem:

TV wire connected to a cable modem (ISP = Comcast), all network test passed. I got all Yahoo widget, but press "Internet@TV" button on the remote control, get to the Internet@TV main screen, but everything is disabled, except the information box on the middle left. I can not get to setting or Samsung app. I chatted with Samsung tech support online, I was told to "reset" TV to factory default setting. I was afraid to loss all my settings (which took me a few days to get where I am now). Wondering if anyone here has tried "reset" TV, is there any luck?

BTW, I was also given the "reset" steps as:
To perform a Factory Reset, follow the instructions below:
1.With the TV on, press and hold [Exit] on the TV remote for a longer time for 10 seconds

2.A warning message appears on screen. Understand that all of your settings are lost upon completion of the Factory Reset

3.Press the [Left Arrow] to highlight OK, and then press [Enter].

After the Factory Reset is completed, the TV powers itself off. Upon powering the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.

Collapse -
No Internet@TV
by mrgeemoney / October 18, 2010 11:36 AM PDT

I have the same issue as you with my LN40C650, did you get it working yet? This is crazy!

Collapse -
Exactly the same issue here.
by bulbulahamadnz / October 28, 2010 5:32 PM PDT

Hey mate, I have exactly the same issue here, after pressing internet tv, a screen pops up and dats it. I can't do anything after that, it seems like all the buttons are disabled or something. And I have checked my internet connectivity and all infact I upgraded the firmwire after hooking the tv through the LAN connection. I see you posted dis on May, have you managed to solve it yet? Let us know, will really appreciate it. Thanks.

Collapse -
... tried
by afoglietta / December 17, 2010 9:03 PM PST

I have exactly the same issue... I also reset the TV to the factory settings as explained above, but nothing has changed.
Any other suggestion?
In my opinion a new firmware update is needed.
I have the latest VALDEUC-3005.1 on UE40C6500UP. The issue presented with the previous version 3003, it's still there after upgrading (and after the reset).
Incredible indeed!

Collapse -
by afoglietta / December 18, 2010 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: ... tried

After more than one day completely broken, and after having tried everithing to solve the issue... I tried again this evening and magically it started to work again with no other intervention (only pushed the button on the remote and puff... here it is).
I do not think that the reset or the firmware update were necessary. It simply stopped working because some services were down on Samsung side.

Collapse -
Samsung Plasma C6500 TV - Internet@tv not working - FIX
by Crystal_Tech / January 24, 2011 9:22 PM PST

I experienced the same issue where the internet functions were all disabled except for the internet banner page that does nothing. This was after using the 'Auto' network setup that fills out all the IP adresses and having a successful network test connection.

The problem seemed to be with the DNS Server IP. I changed to manual setup, and entered the DNS Server IP address obtained from my router setup (ie. use the IP from the dns server, or whatever it is for your router - status menu - primary DNS server). You may need to google for the default username and password to access the router setup or try 'admin' and 'password' or similar. The other IP's (IP address, subnet Mask and Gateway) were all entered the same as populated previously in the original auto setup.

After this I presses internet@tv button and the icons were no longer disabled, then after a few seconds the auto setup procedure began and it was working. Various apps were automatically loaded including weather, youtube, history, news, getty images etc.

Hope this helps a few other people as there are a lot of forums on this issue, and it worked.

PS I am in Australia and using a wired LAN connection, with Series 6 Plasma model PS50C6500. And it's a great TV!

Collapse -
Samsung Plasma C6500 TV - Internet@tv not working - FIX
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 25, 2011 5:21 AM PST

Thanks for jumping in and sharing your experience. And your kind words! Happy I hope this helps some people out.

Collapse -
No Internet@TV y LN40C650,
by mrgeemoney / January 25, 2011 8:19 AM PST

Thanks for the help, I really thought you solved this major issue that everyone has with Samsung internet@TV. I tried everything you said and no dice! My TV settings were the same as my router setting when I put it on manual so I don't know what it is or what to change? Do you think they are blocking my DNS server address (Primary DNS Server: Here is all my info

LAN IP Address:
Default Gateway:
Primary DNS Server:
Secondary DNS Server:

Collapse -
No Internet@TV LN40C650
by mrgeemoney / January 25, 2011 8:21 AM PST

P.S. I'm in St. Maarten and using a wired LAN connection.

LAN IP Address:
Default Gateway:
Primary DNS Server:
Secondary DNS Server:

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.