Samsung forum

Question

Samsung BlueRay Player no Pandora activation code

by Tgsmith4845 / November 27, 2012 2:29 PM PST

I just bought a new Samsung BD-E5400 BlueRay Player and trying to log onto Pandora. When I select Pandora, it tries to connect to Pandora but does not give me a Pandora activation code

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BlueRay Player no Pandora activation code
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BlueRay Player no Pandora activation code
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Any luck?
by Annapsmitty / December 4, 2012 7:17 AM PST

Hey TGSMITH4845,

Any luck getting your Pandora to work on the Samsung BD-E5400 Blu-Ray player?

Thanks

Collapse -
No Pandora code
by Tgsmith4845 / December 4, 2012 11:00 AM PST
In reply to: Any luck?

After selecting Pandora enough times it finally connected. No activation code required. But now when I select Pandora, it logs into someone else's Pandora account without even asking for a password. Weird.

Collapse -
Re: No Pandora code
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2012 12:09 AM PST
In reply to: No Pandora code

Hi Tgsmith4845,

Have you updated your firmware now as well, as I advised Anna to do? If not, please do so.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung no Pandora activation code
by Tgsmith4845 / December 6, 2012 7:06 AM PST
In reply to: Re: No Pandora code

I updated the firmware yesterday and the device seems to be working now.

Thanks!

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung BlueRay Player no Pandora activation code
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2012 12:36 AM PST

Hi Tgsmith4845,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently looking into the problem, and Pandora service should be restored soon.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Same issue with BD-E5400 - No Pandora
by Annapsmitty / December 4, 2012 7:16 AM PST

Like tgsmith4845, I recently purchased a Samsung BD-E5400 Blu-Ray player. I was able to set up my Vudu account fine, but have not been able to connect my Pandora account. Has there been any solutions found to correct this issue?

Additional info:

- Registered it with Samsung.
- Attempted to correct issue through Pandora, no solution found.
- Reset the BD-E5400 and attempted to activate, no solution found.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Re: Same issue with BD-E5400 - No Pandora
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2012 12:04 AM PST

Hi Annapsmitty,

As of last week, we had a firmware pushed out to fix this issue. Please upgrade to the newest firmware. It fixes the issue. Here's how to upgrade the firmware:

Menu > Settings > Support > Software Upgrade > By Online

The player will then connect to the server and search for update file. A prompt appears, select 'Yes' to update firmware. The player then will begin to download the firmware file and update the player. After the update is completed, the player will power off and then back on. Open up Pandora and select your account, and that should be it.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Same issue with BD-E5400-No pandora activation code
by hrosser78 / December 6, 2012 4:54 AM PST

I too just purchased the blue ray player with WiFi. I tried to do my Pandora account as well and no activation code was given. I was able to try and sign in my account information and it would not allow it. It also gave me a notice that it could not generate a new code. Help!! I would like to use this player to it's fullest capability. I like my Pandora. I was able to get the Netflix to work. I have not tried the others yet.

Collapse -
Did you do what HDTech noted yet?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 4:58 AM PST

I know it seems odd to have to update a new device so soon, but here we are.
Bob

Collapse -
I am having the same problem!
by Jasonbiel / December 8, 2012 1:17 AM PST

I also don't get an activation code. I called samsung customer service and they told me to contact pandora. This seems like a widespread issue as I seen many post on many forums regarding the same issue. SAMSUNG WHERE IS YOUR CORPORATE RESPONSIBLITY GET IT FIXED!!!!!!

Collapse -
Not working for me either...
by jstac / December 9, 2012 5:04 AM PST

My husband just purchased the Samsung Blu-ray BD-E5400 device for me and I have wasted all day yesterday trying to get my Pandora account set-up. It doesn't generate an activation code as it is supposed to. I initiated live chat on Samsung with Rodel yesterday and he assured me it is Pandora's problem. I discussed via email with Pandora and they told me it is Samsung's problem because the device needs to generate the code. I am seriously frustrated and just need an activation code. Samsung, please tell me what I need to do. I have updated the firmware, reset to factory settings...everything I was asked to do and it still does not work! From the looks of this forum, it appears this is a widespread problem. Please come up with a solution!

Collapse -
Just a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2012 5:09 AM PST

I've lost count how many times I turn off the firewall in the router and things start to work. What I can't seem to find is a good way to allay fears that consumers have. That firewall is a new thing in routers and does cause issues like this. Since Samsung and Pandora don't supply our router or network, this is going to continue to be a widespread problem.

-> Do you think it's time for makers and sellers to supply an end to end solution to avoid issues like this?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I am having the same problem
by Jasonbiel / December 8, 2012 1:27 AM PST

I'm having the same problem. And Samsung does not give you any help they seem to be avoiding the fix and several other people are having this issue....they need to create a fix ASAP

Collapse -
Re: I am having the same problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 10, 2012 6:03 AM PST

Hi Jason,

If you read this thread, you would note as of two weeks ago that we had a firmware pushed out to fix this issue. Please upgrade to the newest firmware. It fixes the issue. Here's how to upgrade the firmware:

Menu > Settings > Support > Software Upgrade > By Online

The player will then connect to the server and search for update file. A prompt appears, select 'Yes' to update firmware. The player then will begin to download the firmware file and update the player. After the update is completed, the player will power off and then back on. Open up Pandora and select your account, and that should be it.

HD Tech

Collapse -
no pandora
by 28jackson / December 27, 2012 8:24 AM PST

I've done the update (on a product I bought today) and pandora still does not work, no activation code, will not accept any pandora account

Collapse -
Re: No Pandora
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 28, 2012 12:03 AM PST
In reply to: no pandora

Hi 28jackson,

I just tried the process myself this morning. I see that it's skipping past the activation as it does for other models. The process went like this for me:

- select Pandora from main menu
- prompt appears for new or existing user
- selected existing user
- prompt appears for user name and password
- entered email address and then selected enter
- entered password and then selected enter
- logged into Pandora apps without any further prompts

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: Same problem
by kwill11 / December 28, 2012 9:56 PM PST

I have the same model and the same problem, except that when I go to upgrade, it says that my network isn't working. When I go to my network and test it, it says it is working perfectly. Netflix works flawlessly, but pandora does not and I can't connect to get the upgrade. Any ideas?

Collapse -
Same problem
by wellingf / December 30, 2012 1:09 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Same problem

I bought this device for my aging parents to be able to listen to pandora and watch netflix. They have been lingtime samsung advocates, with multiple tvs and appliances. I have been an lg advocate myself, but bought the e5400 anyway. Same problem, can't get an activation code out of the box, and the system tells
me it can't connect to get the upgrade. Rather than mess around with a device that is obviously sub par an longer I have decided to return it and purchase a similar lg device.

Collapse -
Let's see HDTech's replies but many apps
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2012 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem

Many of the apps are not from the TV makers today. I'm beginning to wonder if allowing apps on TVs that the maker does not control was such a good idea. We see the YouTube app and I went and checked other things and sure enough the issue is on many makes.

I know consumers don't care but for some reason they tolerated apps failures on Windows but didn't blame it on the PC maker.
Bob

Collapse -
Same thing for me this morning
by midsummer621 / December 30, 2012 2:00 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Same problem

I watched netflix all night but pandora will not generate a code this morning, nor will it accept my UN & PW. I also could not get the update wirelessly. I did update via USB but still am not getting a code.

I have Fios with a 13.50 mbps average. I have disconnected all other devices from the network, reset the player to default settings and tried again, still no joy.

Collapse -
Ahh FIOS
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2012 2:11 AM PST

Not long ago those with FIOS were asking a LOT of questions. Did you try the usual?

I note a few in the CNET Networking forum under "Samsung Owners start here." We turn off the firewall in the router and change to Google DNS.

I'm not saying that's it but FIOS issues are legendary.
Bob

Collapse -
I am unable to download the upgrade via online
by jcp07a / December 30, 2012 8:51 AM PST

"System can not connect to the Internet for upgrade. Please check your network settings."

Upon checking the network settings and have absolutely no issue, full connection and a passed check. I am still repeatedly unable to update the filmware. I know the connection is working because I can steam on Netflix. Please advise.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.