Samsung forum

Question

Samsung blue ray turns itself on and off, sound problems too

by LASquared / September 23, 2011 4:11 AM PDT

My samsung blue ray player turns itself on and off frequently. Last week while watching a program my sound go all screwed up, while if frequently pauses (likely due to my cable signal) this time, my background music continued playing but the voice audio slowly faded out, then it slowly came back and everything was normal. I have a harmony remote that has a charger, not need to change batteries. Any suggestions?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung blue ray turns itself on and off, sound problems too
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung blue ray turns itself on and off, sound problems too
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
same problem here

same problem with blueray BD-D6500 after a firmware upgrade, Samsung support want me to send the equipment instead of releasing the old firmware with a new number... WTF! will never buy samsung again...

Collapse -
Clarify for me please
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2012 12:34 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem here

RolandoRG_PM,

So is it the audio problem, or is it that it's turning on and off? Also, could you post the trans # from your previous contact with Samsung.

Thanks,
HD Tech

Collapse -
RE: Clarify for me please
by RolandoRG_PM / July 6, 2012 9:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Clarify for me please

the problem is that it's turning on and off by itself at random intervals after firmware upgrade, no audio problems. Sorry no Id # for the previous contact, it was using the chat option at the Samsung support site. Both techs representatives I chat with made me try the reset to factory defaults many times and also suggest to complete unplug the player, it usually helps a little, the intervals are longer after unplugging the player from power but didn't solve the problem.

The latest firmware version that I recall before having the problem was 1.0017. Any chance you could release this old firmware but with a new number so I could solve my problem without sending the player to service. I'm have at least 1 more year of oversea location and no chance to send the player.

Thanks...

Collapse -
More details please
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2012 1:51 AM PDT

RolandoRG_PM,

OK, I'm going to grant you that the firmware update may have happened in coincidence with your power cycling issue. However, it's not necessarily the cause and, therefore, a firmware update may not be the fix.

So let's see what we've got hear in the larger picture. You said you're overseas. So this is a US product in which country (if you don't mind my asking)? Also, what else is connected to it (TV, etc)? Finally, is your product on a separate power outlet, or is connected altogether with the other products on the same strip?

That'll get us started. BTW, I'll probably have more questions. Happy

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
RE: More details please
by RolandoRG_PM / July 9, 2012 4:28 AM PDT
In reply to: More details please

No problem... I'm located at Lima, Peru rigth now, I bought the player from Amazon.com while I was living at New Jersey.

A Samgung LCD TV (model no: LN32D400E1X) is connected through the HDMI port. I used to have the player connected to my wireless network but not anymore since the power recycle problem began. By the way I read in some web sites that some Samsung TVs has a problem and send a power off signal to bluerays but I test playing a movie without the TV connected but no luck, same problem.

I have also tried connecting the blueray to a diferent strip with no luck. And it seems I'm not the only one with ths kind of problems... I've read many complains about Samsung TVs with power recycle problems and also another customer has reported the same problem with the same player at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/BD-D6500/ZA: "blu ray player turns on and off by itself" by soloshooter from sterling heights, michigan.

Hop you could get the old firmware for me...

Collapse -
Hrm...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 10, 2012 2:16 AM PDT

RolandoRG_PM,

I'm honestly running out of ideas here. So here's my last one: you got the home theater on a power converter, right? If not, I checked, and it's possible to connect a US product directly into the Peruvian electrical system because they supposedly have compatible outlet. However, they operate on 240 volts instead of 120 volts, so you could have connected it up thinking all is fine, while you're actually overheating the device, so it turns itself off. It's a complete guess, but it's all that I got left.

If you want to send the thing in for servicing, you can mail it to someone in the US, and then they can mail it into the service center. Here's the thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
RE: Samsung blue ray turns itself on and off
by RolandoRG_PM / July 15, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Hrm...

Of course I know it's different voltage, I have a voltage converter and the player worked without problems for almost 9 months until the firmware upgrade turn my player into a piece of sh**t.

You should have pointed it from the begining, SamSUCKS won't recognize his fault and won't realize the old GOOD firmware. Don't understand why it's that hard for you to help your customers to solve problem you created. Are you going to pay for the mail to the US ? Don't think so....

Never will buy samSUCKS again, I should have bougth a Philips player like my old DVD that works for almost 6 years without a single problem.

Collapse -
RE: Samsung blue ray turns itself on and off
by RolandoRG_PM / July 15, 2012 12:35 PM PDT
Collapse -
About Netflix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2012 12:38 PM PDT

I don't want to upset you but once the app launches it's up to the author or its company to make it work. Guess who writes the Netflix app?

Collapse -
Answer
Same problem
by giccat1 / March 17, 2014 5:04 AM PDT

Samsung BD-D5500, connected to a ampli Onkyo TX-NR579
I have the same problem : blue ray player turns itself on and off frequently
I did not find the solution in the posts here...

Please,help !

Collapse -
I read the solution here (link to it.)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 17, 2014 5:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Same problem
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.