Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung blue ray remote not working with samsung TV

by captn_rob / June 9, 2012 8:29 AM PDT

I have a Samasung LED 46 series 6 TV and Blue Ray HT C550 player.

The remote that came with the Blueray use to work on the player and the tv by pressing a button which would change colour from orange for player and green for tv, after 2 weeks the remote stopping working on TV (green light) control mode and only works on the player (orange light) mode. Basically this suck as I have to use both remotes to function each unit. Is there a reset button to make the Blueray remote once again work for both units? I went back to the store where I purchased the products and they were as useless as **** on a bull and had no idea on the problem. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung blue ray remote not working with samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung blue ray remote not working with samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
further info on remotes
by captn_rob / June 9, 2012 8:33 AM PDT

On the remote it has AH59-02298A for Blueray remote. On the TV remote it has BN59-01039A

Collapse -
Re: Samsung blue ray remote not working with samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 11, 2012 12:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
by captn_rob / June 11, 2012 8:21 AM PDT

I did as the instruction advised.

reset by holing down power 30 sec / new battery

used a dig camera and can see a flicker light when on orange Blueray mode and green TV mode.

No result.......... the remote still won't control the TV

what else can you advise

Collapse -
Try Enabling Anynet
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 12, 2012 2:41 AM PDT
In reply to: tested

OK, can you check to make sure that Anynet is enabled on both devices? You can do this by going to: Setup > HDMI > Anynet-CEC > On.

Then check back with me as to what the results were.

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
(NT) How does one enable Anynet when the remote is not working?
by Baddad123 / March 15, 2013 5:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Try Enabling Anynet
Collapse -
Re: How does one enable Anynet when the remote is not work?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 15, 2013 6:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
Remote fix
by Wez3917 / March 9, 2013 9:26 PM PST
In reply to: tested

With tv selected on remote, push and hold power button down. While holding power button down type 00

Collapse -
AH59-02404A remote / thanks
by ursanb / May 10, 2013 10:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Remote fix

Thank you very much.

I had the same problem with AH59-02404A and I did as you said.
Now it works great.

Collapse -
by Irishmon_Penrith / June 14, 2013 2:25 AM PDT

Samsung you guys are pathetic that you got trumped by a user!
Seriously how can this guy above know and fix the problem in 2 seconds and you grubs couldn't???
Fishing for a replacement sale huh?
FYI my Bluray remote stopped working on my tv, while on standby did what this guy said and BOOM! Working again.

Collapse -
fixed mine too!!
by Danny_Bee1986 / September 11, 2013 3:54 AM PDT

samsung phone support said a needed new remote!! ( ah59 -0235 6a) saved beer tokens!!!

Collapse -
Thank You
by jamarnath / October 24, 2014 2:53 AM PDT

I have encountered same issue and it was a really painful to use the white TV remote while the AH59 not working for TV. Now it is resolved after 5 days.

But can anyone update as to why this reset happens.

Collapse -
by captn_rob / January 19, 2015 12:06 PM PST

I posted this years ago (6/9/12) but you guys SUCK in giving me a solution so I threw the remote back in the box, now after a few years I thought I would look up and see if anyone had the answer.

Basically I just wanted to say another user finally came up with an answer wez3917 Big thanks.

An samsung hence to say I will never buy your crap again.

see ya

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.