Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-D5500 and Avengers Blu Ray

by MPK02 / October 7, 2012 9:13 AM PDT

I bought the 4 disc Avengers and neither the 3D and Blu Ray version of it plays. It is stuck on the letter A when it boots up. The DVD works but my kids were mad that they could not play 3D to watch it. I see Samsung has issues with other models as well. Is Samsung working on this issue? Also the Cars 2 3D was fine after 20 minutes and then it kept repeating the last 30 seconds of a chapter and had to forward it. Is there a firmware update?

MPK02 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-D5500 and Avengers Blu Ray
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-D5500 and Avengers Blu Ray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by MPK02

Collapse -
Answering Samsungs question
by MPK02 / October 8, 2012 10:00 AM PDT

Movie Title(s): Avengers Blu Ray and Blu Ray 3D
Retailer(s) where the disc(s) was purchased: Amazon

Complete Model Code of Blu-ray Player/Home Theater: BD-D5500-ZA
Firmware Version: BSP-D5500ZA-1015.5
Describe the behavior when a disc is inserted (e.g., error messages, appearance, time delay): The Initial screen before the language screen option comes on. It is stuck on an A screen and has no other options but to eject.

How many copies have been tried: One

Collapse -
Re: Firmware update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 9, 2012 12:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
it worked
by MPK02 / October 9, 2012 9:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Firmware update

The firmware upgrade worked.

Thank you

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-D5500 and Avengers Blu Ray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 8, 2012 12:33 AM PDT

Hi cruiser711,

We had some problems, but so far we've heard reports that a recent firmware update that we pushed out has been fixing it. So if you would, please fill out the following information for me:

Movie Title(s): ???
Retailer(s) where the disc(s) was purchased: ???

Complete Model Code of Blu-ray Player/Home Theater: ???
Firmware Version: ???
Describe the behavior when a disc is inserted (e.g., error messages, appearance, time delay): ???
How many copies have been tried: ???

This information will allow us to attempt to replicate the behavior you're experiencing. Have a good day!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Home cinema blue ray HT-C6930W Avengers 3D
by 1thundercloud / October 13, 2012 2:59 AM PDT

All my 3D discs play except the Avengers 3d Blue ray, i have tried 3 new discs, same problem, it does not go past the start menu, I have sent an email to Samsung, and as the Beatles song goes, NO REPLY, so is this going to happen to more 3D discs in the furure, so its probably a firmware problem, i have downloaded the latest upgrade onto my player, no joy.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Home cinema blue ray HT-C6930W Avengers 3D
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 15, 2012 1:06 AM PDT

Hi 1thundercloud,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. So you've upgraded to firmware version 1016.2? If so, what's going wrong with the 3D disc? Is it not playing at all?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Avengers 3D on BD5500
by Geminichris / November 29, 2012 9:52 PM PST

Firmware upgraded 10/12. Player says there are no additional updates available. Connects to the server, without fail, yet Avengers 3D will not play. It just stutters, pausing every few seconds, with no audio playing during the film. Audio works within the menu. The latest firmware update corrected my player's difficulties in handling Madagascar 3(3D) skipping issues, but is having trouble with Avengers 3D, which ironically, I watched successfully, before the update.

Collapse -
Re: Avengers 3D on BD5500
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 30, 2012 12:26 AM PST
In reply to: Avengers 3D on BD5500
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.