Samsung

Question

Samsung BD remote stopped working on TV

by ninepointseven / January 18, 2013 8:43 PM PST

So, been using my blu ray remote to control both the TV and blu ray and it's been working fine and dandy, up until 2 days ago. All of a sudden it refuses to work with the tv, no input registers and it's getting frustrating to say the least. It still works fine with the blu ray player.

I've got a UE40B6050 Samsung TV and a HT-E6730W home theater system, both has Anynet+ activated, but I can't find the BD-player when I check for Anynet+-sources on the TV. If I activate HDMI-CEC on my WDTV Live I can see it on my TV-sources, so I know it works on the TV. Not sure what to do. Tried switching cables, tried changing from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 etc, but nothing works.

TL;DR

BD remote not working on TV.
Anynet+ activated on both devices.
Tried pretty much everything.
Tired of it not working.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD remote stopped working on TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD remote stopped working on TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Anyone?
by ninepointseven / January 19, 2013 8:09 PM PST

Anyone?

Collapse -
It's the weekend.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 20, 2013 12:46 AM PST
In reply to: Anyone?

The Ambassador's take more weekends and holidays off so if you need a fast answer use the phone for Samsung in your country. In the USA I know it's 1800SAMSUNG.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung BD remote stopped working on TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 21, 2013 5:40 AM PST

Hi ninepointseven,

Sorry about the delay over the weekend. Bob is correct. I get weekends off.

So the home theater's remote works just fine for controlling the home theater still, right? Can you use the TV's original remote to control the TV?

HD Tech

Collapse -
by ninepointseven / January 21, 2013 8:13 PM PST

Yes, no problem controlling the home theater. Original TV-remote (and another old BD-remote aswell) still works without exceptions on the TV.

It's just the HT-remote managing TV not working.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 22, 2013 6:29 AM PST
In reply to: ..

Hi ninepointseven,

A few different ideas:

1) Take the remote and press the 'TV' button. Make sure that the TV button flashes.

2) Use some kind of camera; point it at the IR LED on the top/front of the remote and press buttons on the remote; you should through the camera a faint violet glow on the LED.

3) Take out the batteries. Hold down the power button for a long period of time, like 30 seconds. This drains any internal power storage. Put the batteries back in and try the remote again.

Let me know the results of all that.

HD Tech

Collapse -
by ninepointseven / January 22, 2013 6:06 PM PST

Done all 3, no help unfortunately.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 23, 2013 1:00 AM PST
In reply to: ..

Hi ninepointseven,

By done, I assume you mean that you saw what you're supposed to with Items 1&2. If that's the case, then it's likely hardware failure on the remote. I assume you're in the UK, right? If so, you may want to contact support there and let them know what you've tried thus far: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

HD Tech

Collapse -
Yeah
by ninepointseven / January 23, 2013 5:34 AM PST

Sorry, yes on both 1 and 2.

TV-button flashes like it should and I can see the IR when looking through a camera.

Living in Norway, should I just contact the shop I bought the system from?

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 23, 2013 11:41 PM PST
In reply to: Yeah
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.