Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung BD-C6500 Software Upgrade Error Message "Model infor

by danieldefasson / July 6, 2010 1:46 PM PDT

The blu-ray goes into upgrade mode and delivers the following message: "Model information in upgrade file does not match with your player."
Please advise what I should do. Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung BD-C6500 Software Upgrade Error Message "Model infor
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung BD-C6500 Software Upgrade Error Message "Model infor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 7, 2010 10:22 AM PDT

danieldefasson,

Are you downloading the update from the website, or are you using a thumb-drive to run the installation?

--HDTech

Collapse -

From the website via wireless to Linksys. However, today it seems to have gone through. Was there and update correction from Samsung today? Thanks

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 7, 2010 1:18 PM PDT

danieldefasson,

It sounds like the file was down temporarily. If the one hosted on the site isn't there, it has nothing to compare to. That may very well be what happened.

There wasn't an update that I was aware of released today - but I'll check on that.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm glad to hear it's working now.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BD-C6500 download error
by mpkmark / July 29, 2010 1:32 PM PDT

I get this download error message 'model info in upgrade file does not match with player' every other day. I have not downloaded a successful update for a few weeks now! What can I do to get my player up to date?!?

Collapse -
install from usb stick
by sk528 / July 29, 2010 5:17 PM PDT

and it should work flawless

Collapse -
Software upgrade problem plus streaming video issues
by Rabidofficemonkey / July 29, 2010 8:13 PM PDT

I too get the 'model info in upgrade file does not match with player' every other day. In addition, ever since that error started occurring, I have started having issues streaming Netflix. It says I don't have enough bandwidth, but I know I do. Plus, I can play netflix streaming videos on the iPad and laptops with ease, so I know they aren't experiencing these supposed bandwidth issues. I've even turned off all internet connected devices per the screen's advice, but that doesn't help.

Perhaps it's coincidence, but the upgrade issue started when the netflix issue started. Don't know if they are related, but they are both frustrating.

Collapse -
This error keeps me from using Netflix
by pbmr / August 1, 2010 5:08 AM PDT

I've been getting this message since Friday. I'd ignore it, but when I get into my Netflix queue, I can get no further than seeing the queue before the message pops up and Netflix locks up. I have to restart the player... which point I see the message again. Whee! What fun!

I don't care about the update and just want the message to go away and let me use the player. It was working fine on Thursday, so why push an update to me that leave the player less functional? I tried downloading the firmware, writing the RUF to a thumb drive and installing, but I get the same message. All Samsung tech support could recommend is that I reset the player and try again. Tried that twice--still no go.

Since I don't want to get stuck with an un-upgradeable device--should it actually need to be updated in the future to make something work--I'm going to send this thing back.

It's really poor performance on Samsung's part. This is the second BluRay player I've had with firmware issues (HT-BD1250). I think it's time to give LG a chance.

Collapse -
HORRIBLE, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE
by melodiouss / August 14, 2010 1:45 AM PDT

I was having the same problem. I couldn't play a DVD and tried to do an upgrade. I had version 1015.2. When I tried to upgrade, I got the error "model information in upgrade file does not match your player". I tried repeatedly. I saw online that the latest version is 1015.4. So I called customer service. The rep did not even wait for me to tell her the error before she started telling me I had network issues. I told her that I did not have network issues and she said it meant I had the latest firmware. I told her I didn't and she actually told me that 1015.2 and 1015.4 were the SAME! She said they fix the same issue and I had the latest version! She said she really couldn't help me if I only had one DVD that the player couldn't play. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor who when I started to tell the supervisor the problem she transferred me mid-sentence to another rep. I asked to speak to another supervisor and have been on hold for over 30 minutes. While sitting on hold, I finally got the USB upgrade to work. Now my DVD plays. Obviously 1015.2 and 1015.4 are NOT the same.

Finally a supervisor got on the line. I started to tell him about the poor customer service and he interrupted me and said he would put me on hold to find someone to fix my issue. I told him do not put me on hold because I had already fixed my issue. I asked him if he had any concern at all whatsoever about the poor customer service I had received and he put me on hold. The call disconnected. End of story. Never buying a Samsung product again.

If you get this error. Good luck. Samsung not only will not help you, they will infuriate you and treat you horribly.

Collapse -
1015.4 Firmware
by elmonte55 / August 3, 2010 10:09 AM PDT

Hello HD Tech -

I recently downloaded the 1015.4 firmware upgrade and now when I try to play MKV files there's no audio. Before this upgrade i had no problems whatsoever with playing MKV files. Please let me know if I can revert back to the previous firmware version.

Collapse -
1015.4 Firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 5, 2010 12:04 PM PDT
In reply to: 1015.4 Firmware

elmonte55,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

If you have the previous version and it's accessible, then it may be possible to revert. If the problem happened as a result of the Firmware update and you're unable to revert, try calling the customer service center, explain that you had this problem after the update and see if they'll assist in a repair. If not, get a transaction number and post it here.

--HDTech

Collapse -
transaction number
by elmonte55 / August 7, 2010 3:23 AM PDT

Hello and thank you for your reply. I am in Canada. My transaction number is 2007583320. I phoned customer support 4 times. In the end they said I couldn't get the previous firmware version and install it on my BD-C6500 (after they told me I could go on the website and download it). Up until now I couldn't be happier with this machine. Good interface and it has played anything that I've throw at it. I would appreciate anything that you could offer in an effort to rectify this problem. Thanks.

Collapse -
1015.4 Downgrade
by elmonte55 / August 16, 2010 4:57 AM PDT

Hello HD Tech...

Any news on how I can revert to a previous firmware version so I can play MKV's again (without having to re-encode the audio track which I didn't have to do prior to the 1015.4 "upgrade"?

Thanks.

Collapse -
Yes. Firmware downgrade options please!
by pbmr / August 18, 2010 11:58 AM PDT
In reply to: 1015.4 Downgrade

I'd also love to know if downgrading firmware is possible. With 1015.4, I can only play through the music in a folder (album) once. After that, if the player is set to loop, or if I restart the album, my BD-C6500 tells me that the files are not a supported format. So the first time around, mp3s are supported, but the second time, the mp3s are not a supported format. The player won't play the same file again until I power cycle it. I'd like to be able to at least try other firmwares to see if I can find one that does what I ask of it.

No other device I have has any trouble playing these things over the network. Hell, I streamed an album via Win7 internet streaming all day today to work--10 hours--without a single hiccup. My BD-C6500 sits three feet away from my router and server, and can't stream them across the room more than once.

Collapse -
Lack of acknowledgement
by elmonte55 / August 18, 2010 1:18 PM PDT

Hello HD Net...

As there has been no response from you I'm hoping that you recognize the problem with your last 'upgrade' is flawed. I hope that you will fix this problem really soon. I really like my Samsung Blu-ray player and I'd like to use it to its full potential.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Lack of acknowledgement
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 18, 2010 1:32 PM PDT

elmonte55,

I've got several requests in here, and I'm looking into these issues. The only firmware I have access to is what's available on the site.

I am reporting the problems people have posted with the update regarding mkv files.

I don't have ETAs on any firmware updates, and unfortunately, I can't change that fact. But I am happy to advocate and bring these issues to the appropriate departments.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Lack of acknowledgement
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 21, 2010 7:14 AM PDT

elmonte55,

I've not forgotten, and I've sent this to the appropriate department.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.