Samsung forum

Question

Samsung ATIV Smart PC pro

by LeRoadWarrior / December 15, 2012 10:53 AM PST

It's me again and i wan't to talk about my docking keyboard.

Last time i was looking on why i didn't get my keyboard with the ativ pc pro and thanks guys for the answer.

This time i'm writing with my computer on my knee sitting on my couch. The problem is the connectivity between the tablet and the docking keyboard, which is not good at all. I need to be in the right angle to be able to write properly. If i'm not in the good angle, I will write for nothing.

In fact, i'm not sure if that's the connectivity or not. As i'm writing now, i'm not moving at all and damn, some words and letters are missing.

The question is : Am I the only one who have issues with that keyboard? xe700t1c-a02ca

Thank you

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung ATIV Smart PC pro
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung ATIV Smart PC pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung ATIV Smart PC pro
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2012 4:22 AM PST

Hi again LeRoadWarrior,

I'd recommend you check for a driver update using the Software Update tool that came on your device. We've had a good number of driver updates released this past few weeks.

HD Tech

Collapse -
seems to work
by LeRoadWarrior / December 17, 2012 1:04 PM PST

Before I wrote the question, no update was available but today I found one. Right now it seems to work.

Thanks again.

Collapse -
too bad
by LeRoadWarrior / December 17, 2012 1:33 PM PST

too bad, i did an update but it still doing it again. It really seems to be a connection problem.

Collapse -
Answer
Keyboard connectivity
by troyboy168 / December 30, 2012 3:40 AM PST

I've had a similar problem to this and did a system refresh and updated the drivers. Unfortunately I have not seen a great difference in the performance and think that maybe the connectivity is source of the issue. I may ask for a warranty replacement if it doesn't improve.

Collapse -
Answer
Xe700T1C Keyboard Connectivity
by MarkusW11 / January 24, 2013 7:09 AM PST

I'm having the same problem. The keyboard dock is completely unusable. I've read others are having similar issues. I like the slate, but really did plan on having a keyboard. It's clearly a physical connection issue because any movement results in a windows connect/disconnect chime. Though the mouse/keyboard seems to freeze input randomly even without the chime. Unsure. Samsung, what do we do? This seems to be a widespread issue.

Collapse -
Answer
ATIV Smart PC Pro Keyboard dock disconnecting
by wozza169 / July 29, 2013 1:05 PM PDT

It is a hardware issue - and I am surprised that Samsung would post saying to update your drivers. After all if the keyboard is presently disconnecting and reconnecting (sounding an alert each time) - the only fix they would have in the driver is to vary the timing for the alert - that is to ensure you didn't notice how often the keyboard disconnected if it was a short period. However in the meantime each time it disconnects you will notice your key strokes not recorded and or the tracking pad stop working as you move the cursor.

Many people have posted advising that with a replacement keyboard the problem stops. So lets face facts it is a hardware issue.

You will also notice that ebay is flooded with refurbished ATIV Smart PC Pros - the main reason being is that many have been returned due to this fault and are in new condition - except the keyboard dock fault.

If your PC is under warranty send it back for repair/replacement whatever, because nothing is going to fix the problem bar a new dock that fits properly.

Collapse -
It's Broken.
by PeteC / August 1, 2013 7:15 AM PDT

Mine has the same problem and it is because the latching mechinism is broken.

In the groove where the tablet fits there are two "towers" that stand up from the bottom. Push the release button and you will see that there is a piece of plastic that is moving back and forth in each tower. There should be a "hook" on each one that engages a tab in the bottom of the tablet. Well, there are no hooks on mine and I might be able to convince myself that something is broken off in each or maybe they were never there. It is hard to tell.

I called Samsung and they started talking about a software update but I explained the problem. No questions asked (so far). They emailed me a UPS label and I just sent the keyboard to Samsung today.

I suppose they could still tell me that it is my fault. We'll have to see.

Pete

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.