Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Samsung

Question

Samsung Ativ PC Bluetooth Driver Update

by sonisoe / December 21, 2012 10:01 AM PST

i've been trying to update bluetooth driver (from SW UPdate software), it seems it can download the driver but fails to install. message is "update filed (-10)". i've turned off anti-virus as well as firewall, but doesnt work...advice ?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Ativ PC Bluetooth Driver Update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Ativ PC Bluetooth Driver Update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Ativ PC Bluetooth Driver Update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 27, 2012 11:42 PM PST

Hi sonisoe,

Are you still having issues? If so, what's your complete model code for your ATIV?

HD Tech

Collapse -
bluetooth speakers
by gijep / February 2, 2013 6:31 AM PST

Hi,

i have a similar issue with my Samsung ATIV 500T. I have added my bluetooth speakers (soundstep 2) and the item shows up under bluetooth devices but then stays "offline" and i cant pair the speakers. im not sure if this is a driver issue or what, thanks

Mark

Collapse -
Bluetooth
by gijep / February 19, 2013 9:40 AM PST

Yes, i am still having issues. Where would i find the complete model code for my ATIV? I have an iphone and my bluetooth speakers require that you download an app (soundfreaq) in order to use your phone with the speakers. I am thinking that this may be the issue. Windows app store does not have this app unfortunately.

Collapse -
Re: Bluetooth
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 20, 2013 1:08 AM PST
In reply to: Bluetooth

Hi gijep,

The model number should either be on the back of the tablet or on the power brick. Once I get that info, I can start down the right path for troubleshooting.

HD Tech

Collapse -
model number
by gijep / February 25, 2013 11:10 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Bluetooth

i believe it is XE500T1CA01US

Does that seem correct?

Thanks,

Mark

Collapse -
Re: model number
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 27, 2013 2:11 AM PST
In reply to: model number

Hi gijep,

Yep, that seems right to me. Based upon what I'm seeing it should be capable of doing this no problem, so let's check some things off: you say that you have an iPhone, and I suppose you've checked to make sure the speakers work with the iPhone, correct? Do you have any other Bluetooth device, such as a mouse, that you can check to see if it connects just fine to the laptop?

HD Tech

Collapse -
by gijep / March 4, 2013 6:04 AM PST
In reply to: Re: model number

The speakers work great with my iphone yeah, I have tried using my tablet with a different type of bluetooth speaker called x-mini kai bluetooth speaker and that worked well but it does not require any type of phone application to use the speakers unlike my soundfreaq soundstep speakers so my bluetooth is functional with other bluetooth devices.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 4, 2013 11:38 PM PST

Hi gijep,

Well, in that case, it may be some kind of compatibility issue with Windows. Find a friend who has a Windows device with Bluetooth and see if the Soundstep 2 speaker also misbehaves when you try to connect it. If it doesn't work, then you may want to approach that manufacturer.

HD Tech

Collapse -
bluetooth speakers
by todierik / March 9, 2013 4:47 PM PST

It happens when you update your drivers (WiFi or Bluetooth). If you reset your tablet to factory defaults, it works. I contacted support for older drivers to prove my theory, but they could not provide me with one. To reset your tablet to factory defaults, go to Settings, Your PC Settings, General. Try it.

Collapse -
Answer
hi sir. will u please help me fixing my bluetooth?
by jell_m / November 3, 2014 12:29 PM PST

after i upgrade my laptop from win8 to win8.1, my bluetooth stopped working. my complete model is NP270E4E-X06PH. thank u.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.