Phones forum

General discussion

Samsung A560 dropped; no screen image now.

by Big Steve / May 10, 2006 6:40 PM PDT

Several weeks ago my brother who lives in Texas hooked me up with Sprint PCS; I received a basic plan; the phone he selected for me was a Samsung A560; a very basic phone; no web access; very basic.

Well last night I dropped the phone onto my living room floor; apparently very hard wood flooring; no carpet covering the flooring and now the screen on my phone is a faded gray; no images period.

I can still make calls on the phone but the screen now apparently got shot. I've read where cell phones are being made cheaper; some probably with poorer quality materials but this was the first time I have ever dropped a cell phone; especially this one and now my phone's screen seems to have been effected.

Anyone else in this forum happen to also own a Samsung A560; if so have you ever dropped it and had a similar experience? I went to Sprint's website last night and the Samsung A560 which I dropped last night is scheduled to be replaced soon by a newer Samsung model; the A580 which unlike the A560 does have web access. Feedback would certainly be appreciated.

Big Steve
05/11/06

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung A560 dropped; no screen image now.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung A560 dropped; no screen image now.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same Problem A560
by rup2112 / May 10, 2006 9:31 PM PDT

This must be the time of year...I dropped my Samsung yesterday but I'm switching to Verizon in 2 days. Now that my display is toast is there any way to get the address book out of the phone. I too can make and receive calls I just can't screen calls anymore and I didn't bother to write down a lot of the numbers in the address book.

Collapse -
Tsk..tsk..tsk
by unclegee1 / May 11, 2006 12:22 AM PDT

Sounds to me like you are just sad because you can't take care of your phone. If you don't want this to happen, don't drop the freakin phone. Samsung is a cheap brand. I'm with you on that. There was no need to provide that opening paragraph. Nobody cares and it is not relevant.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.