Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung 55 950 LCD/LED issues

by tsx05 / June 9, 2009 3:34 AM PDT

Hello,

I have had my Samsung for about 3-4 months now. Recently especially watching hockey games, I'm noticing a blotches on the screen in a pattern similar to a 5 on a dice and then once they are there its on every channel. I have had my tv calibrated as well and it still doesn't help. In addition, now even on low setting automotion, the picture is blurring more than it did the first two months, things that were not pixelized are now.

Please help shed some light on this, I have been a Sony man and went with this samsung based on price (still paid $4k for this TV) but am not having much luck with it.

my connection is running through an HDMI cable as well from an HD Comcast cable box.

Thanks
Unhappy Samsung Consumer.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 55 950 LCD/LED issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 55 950 LCD/LED issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung 55 950 LCD/LED issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 9, 2009 1:07 PM PDT

tsx05,

Does the pattern move, or does your "dice" stay in one place?

Also, are you seeing the pixelization on every input, or just the television input?

Do you have a cable/sat box that you could expiriment to see if the issue is fixed by swapping boxes?

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
55 LCD LED issues
by tsx05 / June 18, 2009 7:23 AM PDT

it basically stays put in the same place. they look like small circles I'd say about the size of a silly puddy container. there are five in the middle of the tv and then usual two center on the very edges too.

the pixelation is on everything, blu ray, cable and xbox, all run through HDMI.

Collapse -
55 LCD LED issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2009 4:38 PM PDT
In reply to: 55 LCD LED issues

tsx05,

Then I'd recommend having the unit serviced.

Just out of curiosity, as I don't track service tickets individually, did this occur out of the box, or did it develop over time? Or do you not know? There's no wrong answer, just gathering some information in the event others begin to see this.

In the meantime, you're under warranty - give 800-SAMSUNG a call and have a tech come out and take a look.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
spots
by tsx05 / June 20, 2009 9:07 AM PDT
In reply to: 55 LCD LED issues

ok, Yeah I've only had the TV for a few months so it happened relativly quickly.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.