Samsung

Question

Samsung 3D Glasses Won't Sync - D550 Plasma

by 3dme / May 17, 2011 10:39 AM PDT

Hello
I just bought a Samsung D550 3D Plasma TV 2 weeks ago. The first time I used it the glasses connected with no problems and I was thrilled with the TV. The next weekend I tried to use the TV and the Glasses would not sync with the TV. We have 4 pair of glasses and I bought new batteries to make sure. The light on the glasses flash from green to red several times and then shut off. Samsung tech support was a total waste of time !!!!!! For the first 20 minutes on the phone they told me that they could not find a manual on the TV because it was too new. Then after another 40 minutes plus they told me I had to recharge my batteries (They are not rechargeable they are regular batteries) I even took my multimeter to double check the voltage and yes they are fully charged. I set the TV to 3D mode before inserting the movie but when I go back into the settings after trying to sync the glasses 3D mode is off. Any ideas ??????

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 3D Glasses Won't Sync - D550 Plasma
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 3D Glasses Won't Sync - D550 Plasma
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
by 8mark5 / May 17, 2011 9:01 PM PDT

I am really sorry to hear about your new Samsung D550 3D Plasma TV and have no idea about the 3D TV troubleshooting.

<div>Why didn't you discus about 3d TV before buying, LG launched its FPR 3D TV in India in the last week of April-2011 and LG's 3D tv is one of the superior 3d tv throughout the world, because of FPR 3D tech.
I believe if you discussed before buying, you got maximum reviews for LG's FPR 3D TV.

<div><div>Anyways for Samsung technical support guys I just recommend you to say S!!t, I don't understand why the h!!l, they guys said 'that they could not find a manual on the TV because it was too new'. What for they are in technical support if they're not able to help out their consumer, they just a c!!p!
</div></div></div>

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 8:08 AM PDT

8mark5,

Collapse -
by 8mark5 / May 18, 2011 8:36 PM PDT

Oh..! I don't want to degrade Samsung at any cost....
Its just as "3dme" mention about their problem & said, that even
Samsung technical guys can't able to support him, that's why I've said that...

If we talk about LG's FPR 3D....I thought FPR is actually the best as compare to SG.

I've gone through so many LG, Samsung, Panasonic & Sony 3D TV articles...
but I found FPR 3D glasses on top...
no flicker, no image overlapping, comfortable 3d glasses and all in fpr 3d glasses....!!!!!

Although I've used Samsung 3D TV,
but SG glasses were quite uncomfortable to use for long time.

Collapse -
I Agree with Samsung Tech
by Mr Shaun Warburton / May 19, 2011 11:28 AM PDT

I Must say that I come down firmly on the side of Samsung Tech. I have a Samsung 3D Set and I wouldn't Swap it for the world. It is flawless at reproducing a 3D image.

Collapse -
by 8mark5 / May 19, 2011 3:23 PM PDT

It's good if your Samsung 3D set is flawless at reproducing a 3D image.

But...I am confused, do you really tested the LG's FPR 3D TV...
because I damn sure if you actually tested that tv, so you never say,
that you found more ghost than in a graveyard...I am having the experience of samsung 3D tv as well as of LG's 3d tv, but its just matter of technology difference.....!

I never say samsung is bad even i am having lots of electrical products of Samsung in my home...but,
if we talk about the 3D tech, so we can't hide the truth, everyone knows that FPR is latest...and actually performs well than SG. Blush ..!

Collapse -
Answer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2011 7:50 AM PDT

3dme,

Collapse -
Model info
by 3dme / May 19, 2011 7:39 AM PDT

Hello
The TV is a Model PN51D550C1F and the glasses are the ones that came with the TV at time of purchase, they are Model SSG-3100GB. We are using a Play Station PS3 with the necessary upgrades. Like I mentioned before we used the TV with the PS3 the first weekend we got the system and it worked fine. We watched the Shrek Blue Ray 3D movie that came with the TV. One thing that I have noticed is that each time I go back to the Settings menu the 3D function keeps turning off even though I turn it On before I start the movie. Any Help will be greatly appreciated..

Collapse -
You are doing it wrong
by Mr Shaun Warburton / May 19, 2011 11:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Model info

Then you are going about it wrong way, first put the movie in to the play station. Do not alter the 3D button until the film is on screen and starts to play, usually the PS3 displays the correct setting for the TV.

Collapse -
3D Image is Playing
by 3dme / May 19, 2011 8:53 PM PDT
In reply to: You are doing it wrong

Thanks for the input. Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. The image on the TV is 3D but the glasses (4 pair with new batteries) won't connect. One of the techs I talked to told me that I have to hold the glasses 1 inch away from the emitter on the TV, but they could not tell me where the emitter was on the TV because they did not have the proper manual (once again I was shocked !!!!) The first time I used the TV I was sitting 8 feet away and the glasses had no problems connecting (the little message appeared on the screeen and all was well).

Collapse -
That is Absolute Rubbish
by Mr Shaun Warburton / May 20, 2011 2:33 AM PDT
In reply to: 3D Image is Playing

The 3D emitter is situated on the bottom left hand corner of the TV and don't hold the glasses 1ins-2insor 5ins away from it at all.

Sit where you would normally sit to watch, The TV. And press the button on the glasses until they go dark that will tell you that they are linked to the emitter.

and that should be that.... Also make sure that in the 3D settings auto view is set to OFF

Collapse -
help
by marlonking99 / May 22, 2011 7:00 AM PDT

Hi

Collapse -
Should have Bought Panasonic
by 3dme / May 22, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
In reply to: help

Hello, I am the other guy with 3D troubles. I am giving up and taking my TV back. I went to the store at first to buy a Panasonic and really wish I had, but for some reason I liked the look of the Samsung. I am wondering if you tried the Samsung Tech Line yet. I tried again and was totally shocked at their skill level. I wish you luck and I will let you know how I make out with my new Panasonic.....

Collapse -
please Clarify
by Mr Shaun Warburton / May 22, 2011 9:19 AM PDT
In reply to: help

Where are you getting your 3D picture from?

Collapse -
3D TROUBLE
by marlonking99 / May 22, 2011 4:27 PM PDT
In reply to: please Clarify

I have a bd5900 3d blu ray player hooked upto the tv, so i have 3d cable going from player to tv. I have even tried putting the cable from sky hd box direct to tv and have no difference. thanks

Collapse -
FIXED!
by marlonking99 / May 23, 2011 1:42 AM PDT
In reply to: 3D TROUBLE

Thanks to Samsung they confirmed my high street retailer (Curreys) sold me the wrong glasses, they sold me infra red instead of bluetooth you need 3100 samsung glasses for this tv!

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung 3D
by gary_iverson / June 3, 2011 10:36 PM PDT

I have the same TV: Samsung Series 5 51-inch PN51D550 1080p,
and had no trouble with the 3D glasses (not rechargable). From what you said, it sounds like your 3D signal is not working correctly and the TV shuts down the 3D automatically. The TV is supposed to do that when it determines there is a problem or there is no 3D signal. The TV also automatically switches to 3D when it senses a 3D signal. You should be able to watch a 3D movie (multiple lines) before trying the glasses. If you can't do that, there is a signal problem.

You might try a different 3D DVD and ensure that you have a high speed HDMI cable. I believe the instructions for the glasses say to sync by holding the switch down for a few seconds while holding the glasses next to the TV. A message appears on the TV when the glasses are working and are in sync. If there is no 3D running, the glasses shut down automatically. If you have the booklet that came with the glasses, review the first two pages. I use the BlueRigger High speed HDMI Cable. Good luck.

Collapse -
Ditto
by FDJ14 / February 7, 2012 5:07 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung 3D

I have exactly the same situation as the very first post on this thread.

Collapse -
I have the same problem
by ilegare / March 13, 2012 2:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Ditto

.... GRRRRR.... Ditto, did you find a solution ?
Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung glasses wont sync - D550 plasma
by TeethyG / March 22, 2012 9:19 AM PDT

Hi,
I've also had this problem, an read all these posts on here, so I went away an had a few ideas. Now my glasses sync to my tv again!!!.... All you have to do is switch the tv off at the mains leave it off for a minute then switch it back on an try your glasses.... It work for me I'm now watching a 3d film.. Happy viewing people

Collapse -
Not connecting
by DarthPerez / October 10, 2012 12:31 AM PDT

I'm having the same problem.
My glasses are not connecting. Please help

Collapse -
Re: Not Connecting
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 10, 2012 12:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Not connecting

Hi DarthPerez,

Could you start a new thread for this as it's rather old? Be sure to include your model code for the TV.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Add more in your new post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2012 1:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Not connecting

Not only the TV model number but the part number of the glasses as one time the person had the wrong glasses.

Collapse -
Samsung plasma
by DarthPerez / October 11, 2012 1:55 AM PDT

My tv model number is PN51D550C1FXZA
My glasses SSG-4100GB
They worked fine for a few weeks.
Now I can't get them to connect to my tv.

Collapse -
Re: More Details
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 11, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung plasma
Collapse -
Do these require batteries or charging?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2012 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung plasma

I didn't check the troubleshooting link but I wonder.

Collapse -
Re: Batteries could be right
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 11, 2012 6:05 AM PDT

Hi Bob, Good thought. Batteries for that model glasses are CR2032. -- HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
3D glasses and sync to D550
by T-Bone7732 / January 7, 2013 9:02 AM PST

This will be my first post anywhere but after the time I spent to get my 3D glasses to work, I hope it will save a few of you some time.

My TV is a PN51D550.

I tried two different Samsung 3D glasses, none of which would sync even though the boxes said "compatible with ALL 2011 - 2012 D series. I even tried Samsung tech support and they said that the glasses were not compatible - NOT TRUE!!! The glasses I tried first were the 4100's and returned after they did not work. I then ..... ok you don't want to listen to blahh blahh. Second set was the 3050's did not work until a firmware update.

IMPORTANT: The firmware WILL NOT update via internet connected to the TV. You must 1. download it to a usb flash drive from your computer from Samsung's web site http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/PN51D550C1FXZA? 2. un-zip it. 3. plug the flash drive into your TV's usb port. 3. in the TV menu section go to support - software upgrade - by usb and update the firmware.

Once I did this the glasses synced quickly and the 3D looks great.

I hope this saves some of you some time and headache.

SAMSUNG REPS - IF YOU READ THIS - FORWARD THIS TO THE POWERS THAT BE AND HAVE THEM LIST ON THE BOX OF THE GLASSES THAT "YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE AND THAT IT MUST BE VIA USB". It will do your reputation well. You make great products and will develop a stronger loyalty in your customers. "Great customer service develops great customer loyalty. Poor service.............................................................................................................................................a lot of nothing.

Collapse -
Re: 3D glasses and sync to D550
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 8, 2013 2:56 AM PST

Hi T-Bone7732,

I have read your feedback, but I must disagree with your conclusion. The firmware can and indeed has been downloaded by a great many units of this model. On occasion there is some network problem that prevents the download from happening; in those cases, we go to the back up plan of the USB firmware update. However, I'm glad the firmware update did the trick for you.

HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.