Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsubg 8000 series HDMI Mac Mini problem

by macmsb / November 15, 2012 1:10 AM PST

Just had a problem with my Onkyo receiver giving me green tint problems over HDMI. So I hooked my Mac Mini straight to my Samsung 8000 tv on HDMI1. No image no sound. If I switch back to receiver image and sound immediately works (though with green tint).

Switching cables doesn't work. Tried it on HDMI1 and 2. No luck. How can it work over the receiver it work but not directly?? How can it be wrong?

Thanks anyone

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsubg 8000 series HDMI Mac Mini problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsubg 8000 series HDMI Mac Mini problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDMI chips can get confused.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2012 4:51 AM PST

I don't want to embark on another long discussion about HDMI, Intel, HDCP and more so let's try the usual.

Power down everything in this discussion and then pull the cables from the TV INCLUDING POWER. Go make a cup of tea (in other words, wait a few minutes) then apply power to the TV and just the lone HDMI connection you want to sort out.

Try again.

Keep in mind that I find many folk unable to set the PC/Mac/thing to a compatible resolution. But that's for another day's discussion.
Bob

Collapse -
Its now working!
by macmsb / November 16, 2012 1:41 AM PST

Incredible... I followed a simple instruction from an Apple Support page (close to what you said) and it worked.

1. Power down the tv
2. take the cable out
3. put it back in
4. power the tv back on.

It worked! I sincerely had better expectations from HDMI, especially since my receiver doesn't have this problem. Anyway, glad it all worked out.

Thanks for your time anyway!

Collapse -
Thanks for the update.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2012 1:45 AM PST
In reply to: Its now working!

My method is a little deeper as you suspect. That is, I really want to have the chips reset and start fresh.

Believe it or not, Intel has CODE in their HDMI chips and as you know, computer code is not perfect.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.