Windows Legacy OS

General discussion

RUNTIME ERROR -INTERNET EXPLORER - IEXPLORE.EXE

by newmike / April 11, 2006 8:53 AM PDT

Have new Dell Inspiron computer now set up for multiple family users. Preloaded with McAfee security. Whilst it did not happen initially now get the following message when trying to open Internet Explorer after switching users with IE left running with previous user.

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact?.

Doesn't matter which user has it running - switching either way creates same message.

Have spent time searching forums but cannot find anything that answers this particular problem. Have tried out numerous suggestions mentioned in hope may solve my problem, spyware/settings in IE etc all to no avail. Apart from some updates following prompting from Microsoft/McAfee and Java have not installed any new Programs as far as can recall

Any ideas as to cause/how to resolve?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RUNTIME ERROR -INTERNET EXPLORER - IEXPLORE.EXE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RUNTIME ERROR -INTERNET EXPLORER - IEXPLORE.EXE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Newmike
by tomron / April 11, 2006 9:51 AM PDT

Do you have google toolbar,if so this is what i found

Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Add/Remove Programs.

Scroll the list until you find "Google toolbar for Internet Explorer".

Remove the program and reboot your system.

Tom

Collapse -
RUNTIME ERROR -INTERNET EXPLORER - IEXPLORE.EXE
by newmike / April 11, 2006 9:46 PM PDT

No Google installed so that is not cause of problem. I notice I do have an AOL bar but that was preinstalled and the problem I have was not apparent immediately after purchase. Only major things I have done is to set up e-mail accounts, broadband connection, latter initially wired but now wireless.

Problem seems to have arisen since the wireless set up but that may just be a coincidence

Collapse -
What about BHO?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 11, 2006 10:26 PM PDT

When I tackle this issue I....

1. Scan with HOUSECALL.
2. Scan with EWIDO.
(eject what steps 1 and 2 find.)
3. Scan with BHODEMON and remove all the BHO's so I have a clean slate with IE.

However it is worth noting that malicious web sites can crash IE. No fix is known yet.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.