Desktops forum

Question

Running APU in dual graphics question

by xSenZx / November 16, 2012 6:32 AM PST

So I just found out about this CPU/APU the AMD A8 5600K which has intregated graphics and some guy told that when you run it in dual graphics with the HD 6670 it would be more powerfull than a Radeon HD6870
Is that true or was he just ************?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Running APU in dual graphics question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Running APU in dual graphics question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Hard to agree.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2012 6:40 AM PST

But with the GPU on board it has advantages. I won't duplicate the web but if this unknown PC or Laptop has a make and model we could go find benchmarks to check it out.
Bob

Collapse -
Benchmarks
by xSenZx / November 16, 2012 6:13 PM PST
In reply to: Hard to agree.
Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 17, 2012 1:17 AM PST
In reply to: Benchmarks

But writing a tutorial on benchmarks in one paragraph and doing it justice is not possible. It's a shame that the PC has no make or model but I will part with this. Gamers are a finicky lot and won't be happy with this. I'm talking GAMERS. The ones that jump from PC to PC or change cards to get a few more FPS. You often hear them use the word lag in less than 5 minutes.

It's a great system noted there and games should be fine for that GPU.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.