Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

Question

Runing MusicMatch Juke Box in Windows 7

by luenbore / April 23, 2011 8:45 AM PDT

I want to edit song titles adding all the information regarding artist, composer, etc. MusicMatch JukeBox was an excelent program to do it; unfortunately Yahoo bought it and buried it.
Anyone knows how can get it to run on Win 7? If not, is there a similar software I can get to tag all my music efficiently?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Runing MusicMatch Juke Box in Windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Runing MusicMatch Juke Box in Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 23, 2011 8:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
I have run Musicmatch for many years on all of my computers.
by elfab1 / February 13, 2012 5:25 AM PST
In reply to: Link, comment.

Musicmatch runs fine on Windows 7. Iuse Version 8.2 I like it best.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Running Musicmatch Juke Box in Windows 7
by lynnmeek / December 15, 2011 9:20 PM PST

You can run Musicmatch Jukebox in Windows 7 but it does require a little work. What you have to do is run it in what is called a Virtual Machine. The virtual machine software can be downloaded from Microsoft free. The Virtual Machine actually allows you to run the Musicmatch Jukebox in the Windows XP Mode. Most people will probably not want to go through the trouble of installing the virtual machine and keeping it updated just like you would a normal XP system but it does work because I have done it.
If all you want to do is be able to edit your song titles, artists and etc. You are probably better off to use something like MediaMonkey to do your editing. Hope this helps you.

Collapse -
Answer
Musicmatch 7.5 and Windows 7
by willywilson51 / June 10, 2012 10:14 AM PDT

There were issues running Musicmatch 7.5 (and earlier) on XP SP3 with IE7. There were work-arounds to this, but the problems were a compatibility issue with IE7. It work fine with IE6.
However, I now run Windows 7 with IE9 and installed and Musicmatch 7.5 installed and works just fine. It edits tags, burns, and does all the things it supposed to do. There were the normal Windows 7 warnings during installation, but just proceed through these.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

SEEING COLORS?

What do the color stripes mean on your tires?

Brian Cooley tells you why you might see various color lines on the wheels of your automobile.