Computer Help

General discussion

RUNDLL....ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool etc.

by livinat954 / April 5, 2009 2:12 PM PDT

Every time I turn on my computer and the desktop appears I get this error message:

Error loading C:\Windows\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll
The specified module could not be found
OK

When I click on OK, I can still use the computer.

I do not know what caused this window to appear or what I can do to resolve the issue, this has been a problem for many months, any help would be appreciated.
thank you
Mike

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RUNDLL....ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool etc.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RUNDLL....ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool etc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Scan your computer
by Techie_Master / April 5, 2009 7:50 PM PDT

Download and install Malwarebytes software to scan your computer.By the help of this software your able to search and delete all the spyware virus.
it is easily available on net freely.

NOTE :- Before you scan your computer Please update this software and Create the restore point.

Collapse -
The 'DLCCtime.dll' File Belongs To The Dell Printer Driver
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 6, 2009 4:12 AM PDT

It appears like you may have a Dell printer on your computer and if so, try uninstalling the printer software, then reinstall it. Or maybe you uninstalled the printer software and are now seeing the error?

If the above doesn't help, let us know more about the operating system and exactly what you have installed on the computer.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
DLLCtime.dll
by livinat954 / April 6, 2009 12:59 PM PDT

Thank You Grif,
That "was" the problem, I uninstalled the Dell printer and now I no longer get this error message, I was desparate to get help on this even paid for Regcure for two licenses and that didn't help either. Should have waited for Cnet to reply, could have saved some money.
Thank You Very Much, that has been plagueing me for many months, just like Staples slogan "That was Easy".

Collapse -
The Dllctime.dll
by fischermantua / February 26, 2012 2:40 AM PST

I have my computer hooked to a HP all in one printer. Does this cause me to use something different then the ideas for a Dell Printer?

Collapse -
Are You Getting The Same Error Message?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 27, 2012 8:04 AM PST
In reply to: The Dllctime.dll

Unfortunately, you've told us nothing about your setup.. Operating system, make and model of computer, and whether you previously had a Dell printer installed. If so, try uninstalling the Dell printer software.. It shouldn't affect the HP printer software at all. If it doesn't, then uninstall the HP printer software, then reinstall it again.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.