Computer Help forum

General discussion

Run Time Error 429

by jlippincott / April 26, 2007 4:29 AM PDT

I havn't played Puresim Baseball for several months and when I went to
play it today I get the following message: Run Time Eroor 429 You don not have an appropriate license to use this function. What does this mean????

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Run Time Error 429
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Run Time Error 429
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Was this a demo?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 26, 2007 5:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Run Time Error 429
Collapse -
Thanks
by jlippincott / April 26, 2007 5:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Was this a demo?

No it wasn't a game demo. It was the really full game that I purchased. I already posted messages at the forum you suggested but they take a long time to answer, if at all.

Collapse -
Other options?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 26, 2007 5:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

It's difficult, because if the error contains a message about licensing, then this must be a specific error about your permission to use it. And that means only the game developers can help you.

However, there are things you can try.

1] Check your DirectX.

If the game uses DirectX you can check for errors in DirectX on your machine by going to Start > Run, type in "dxdiag.exe", (without the quotes), and click OK. The DirectX utility will appear and this will allow you to test whether any components are not working.

2] If that doesn't work, you could try uninstalling the game and then re-installing. But with that you will probably have to reboot the computer after the uninstall, manually remove any folder and file remnants, then run a competent registry cleaner to make sure the registry doesn't still hold any entries for the game. Then reboot again, re-run the registry cleaner, reboot, and only then try to re-install the game.

But I consider that a last resort, because so often these games place files and registry entries hidden away on a computer to check for licensing issues, to avoid just such attempts to circumvent built in restrictions.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
Problem Fixed
by jlippincott / April 27, 2007 5:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Other options?

I was told not to uninstall the program and to just reinstall the game and patches. The problem is now fixed and I didn't lose the league that I created either!!!!

Collapse -
(NT) Glad you got it sorted.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 27, 2007 7:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Problem Fixed
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.