Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Robbed $2M+ Worth of Wii U's What now?

by smartgboy / December 20, 2012 2:27 PM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Robbed $2M+ Worth of Wii U's What now?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Robbed $2M+ Worth of Wii U's What now?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) They'd have been better off with Maple Syrup !! Rob
by Ziks511 / December 21, 2012 1:22 AM PST
Collapse -
you realize game controllers can be networked
by Roger NC / December 21, 2012 11:49 AM PST

into a super computer? or a weapon system?

Collapse -
RESTRICT THEIR SALE!!!
by James Denison / December 21, 2012 2:40 PM PST

If we don't create a Wii ban, soon we'll have wee little killer apps targeting all of us!

Collapse -
wasn't there an actual case of the
by Roger NC / December 21, 2012 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: RESTRICT THEIR SALE!!!

processors from game consoles being used in some country overseas to attempt to build guidence systems?

Collapse -
I don't know specifically
by James Denison / December 22, 2012 7:02 AM PST

but we've always had certain electronics which were banned from sale outside the US.

Collapse -
shrug, the fears of the paranoid of the 60's are small
by Roger NC / December 22, 2012 7:07 AM PST
In reply to: RESTRICT THEIR SALE!!!

potatoes.

Anyone carrying a cell phone can be pinpointed, tracked, and with smart phone even have their cameras and microphones turned on without their knowledge.

Satellites can read over your shoulder.

Although I don't yet believe our tv's are the viewscreens of 1984 like a few conspiracy cases, can it be far away?

Collapse -
Computers and laptops with Cameras? Mine has one.
by Ziks511 / December 23, 2012 9:21 AM PST

I'm too out of touch to even know how to use mine, but somebody could be watching me. IF so, he/she must be bored out of their mind.

Rob

Collapse -
There were warnings for those attending Olypics in China
by Roger NC / December 23, 2012 10:51 AM PST

that their smart phones could be turned on remotely and the microphone or camera remotedly activated. Any data on it, contact lists, etc could be downloaded. China has some of the best hackers in the world.

The only way to be sure it was off and would stay off, was to remove the battery.

Collapse -
piece of tape
by James Denison / December 25, 2012 4:17 PM PST

can be placed over any camera, and works somewhat over the microphone, if one is that worried. A padded case to carry it in might help solve both worries.

Collapse -
Indeed even a "spot" bandaid would do
by Roger NC / December 25, 2012 8:12 PM PST
In reply to: piece of tape

for the camera.

It probably is very unlikely, but it's something a user should be aware.

Remember the school that watched their students at home through school laptops issued by the school? even n their bedroom when the students thought they were totally alone and sometimes in various stages of undress?

It's a shame you have to suspect the worse of everyone, or at least prepare for the worst.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.