Internet Service Providers forum

Roadrunner messages not being delivered by Hughesnet

by CVPeg / August 13, 2012 11:52 PM PDT

As it says....anyone else having this issue?!?

I have internet service w/ Hughesnet, and use my e-mail account with them for important issues. Am just on the verge of setting up 2 more e-mail accounts with them for business purposes, and don't want to have new contacts/customers who have RR addresses finding their e-mails undelivered, or not knowing why I'm not responding!!

Happened 2 weeks ago. Some low level tech first questioned the content, however the e-mails with problems were from family and friends, with no content issues!! Finally got through to Brownsville, and Hughesnet resolved it with no explanation or follow up. As of yesterday, it's happening again. They are giving it "high priority" and having one of their engineers call me within 24-48 hours. Sad

Is there some kind of dispute going on??

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Roadrunner messages not being delivered by Hughesnet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Roadrunner messages not being delivered by Hughesnet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is a well known issue of email systems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2012 12:54 AM PDT

As spammers get blocked by this or another company you see posts like this. There is no way for me to know if such a block is in force since I don't work for either company.

Keep in mind that email as designed is not "guaranteed" to get delivered. Folk that didn't know this are often surprised and can't believe it. But the system is what it is and to replace it will be unlikely.

This is why you have many web sites that have a "send again" button for email notices.

-> Since it is family and friends, why not a gmail or yahoo email account?

Collapse -
Only RR messages, though
by CVPeg / August 14, 2012 1:08 AM PDT

The only e-mail messages that are getting blocked are those from Roadrunner e-mail customers - and makes no difference what RR "city", as it has prevented delivery from several. Far as I know, I'm getting everything else. I just wonder if there is a dispute, or lack of sharing technology that is preventing delivery/holding them up (for 12-24 hours, or they have also been undeliverable and returned).

Have a Yahoo account, using my Hughesnet for personal business, or other important topics. And about to set up 2 business accounts on Outlook, therefore the concern about anyone with a RR address attempting to contact me.

Collapse -
Sorry but I can't tell what you know and what you don't.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2012 6:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
Roadrunner e-mail not getting through to Hughesnet
by CVPeg / August 17, 2012 1:59 AM PDT

Thanks - other than my son's speculating, you're the first person to give me something to look at/work with. (Son is a CS grad, but lives elsewhere)

Today is day 4 of Hughesnet's not resolving it, passing it off to the next tech, and the next. NO ONE will give me an idea of the origin of the issue. If it's RR, I can't do anything about it. If it's a filter or improper setting w/ Hughesnet, then yes, I do have to worry about repeated bounced/unreceived mail.

Collapse -
The lists seem to do little for me
by CVPeg / August 17, 2012 2:29 AM PDT

They ask that you check if YOUR e-mail is being blocked. My problem is that I am not receiving others' e-mails who are RR customers. Now Hughesnet has given me TW/RR's customer service number. Both are "working on it", and both thinking it's the other.

Why won't either go through the path details I have available, which should tell me whose fault it is?!? Arrggghhhh.......

Collapse -
I nod here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 17, 2012 12:03 PM PDT

Email failures usually result in finger pointing.

Your complaints are not new and sadly they hold all the cards. It's why I suggest folk have more than one email address for such things.

Collapse -
It sounds to me ...
by ahtoi / August 16, 2012 1:34 AM PDT

you are expecting these email with RR address to be forwarded to Hughesnet. Did Hughesnet tell you they would do that for you. If not then that's how it should be. Mail to RR address would not be going to Hughesnet. It's not like the postal service where you can forward the mail to somewhere else. Personally I have email that's not part of my ISP email service (Netzero), but I cost me about $25/year though. Of course you already know about Yahoo, Gmail, etc.

Collapse -
e-mails are not forwarded ones
by CVPeg / August 17, 2012 2:01 AM PDT
In reply to: It sounds to me ...

I'm not receiving e-mails from several individuals who have RR e-mail addresses. There is no forwarding involved. Their original e-mails are either being greatly delayed, or being returned.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.