Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

The CNET Lounge

General discussion

Risk board game was created by Lucifier!

by Quorum25 / November 14, 2005 2:17 AM PST

On 11/11 Durring the BuzzCast Molly mentioned that she is a big fan of Risk: WARNING Risk was created by the Devil!!!!!

I have lost friends because of this game. The board version does nothing but foster lying, deceit, and back stabbing. I have lost friends because of deals that were cut and had to be broken. It's ok if no one at the table is competitive. The problem is if you sit down at a table with a group of type A personalities, someone is going to leave pissed off because of a broken alliance, or reneged deal.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Risk board game was created by Lucifier!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Risk board game was created by Lucifier!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wow
by rtemp / November 14, 2005 2:46 AM PST

That's pretty intense, dude.

I've never played the game myself, but I've seen others playing it for hours on end.
What the type A's need to learn is that it is just a game, nothing more, nothing less.

Collapse -
you think thats bad?
by earlysound / November 14, 2005 3:44 AM PST
In reply to: Wow

Try playing World of Warcraft with coworkers. Probably not a smart career move.

V

Collapse -
Hmmmm
by Orange16 / November 14, 2005 6:08 AM PST
In reply to: you think thats bad?

A very interesting concept...

Collapse -
Try any online game
by gpbmike / November 14, 2005 6:39 AM PST
In reply to: you think thats bad?

Anything you play online is going to have crazy people yelling at each other. It's just an interesting feature of online games.

Teaches young ones to deal with the crazy people in the world.

Collapse -
i'll get you
by earlysound / November 14, 2005 8:09 AM PST
In reply to: Try any online game

to play WoW, Mike! One of these days!

Collapse -
nice
by Quorum25 / November 14, 2005 11:50 PM PST
In reply to: Try any online game

Well said! Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Try decaf and new friends
by duckman / November 14, 2005 6:57 AM PST
Collapse -
even worse...
by n3r0 / November 15, 2005 7:33 AM PST

monopoly with the family back in the day...wow...mom has a deal, dad has a deal. which one do you pick, either way you're sooo grounded and mom and dad don't talk for days, you begin to wonder of the stability of your whole social structure, in turn that begins to evolve into a need to latch on to any seemingly stable figure, in college that ends up with a girlfirend that dosen't actually respect you just kinda tolerates you while your friends talk about you behind your back, sooner or later you find out that she's been cheating on you with your ex-girlfriend and....oh, i'm sorry, nevermind...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.