Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Richard Windsor & the EPA

by James Denison / January 3, 2013 12:25 AM PST

False identity of Lisa Jackson to foil transparency laws. Story now breaking....on CNBC.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Richard Windsor & the EPA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Richard Windsor & the EPA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This actually broke
by TONI H / January 3, 2013 1:08 AM PST

on Fox two days ago.......it came about because the FOIA was being asked to be used in order to see Jackson's emails to high officials and the Richard Windsor name came up by accident. If that name wasn't specifically used during the FOIA search, it would have never been found out that she was using her DOG'S name in order to hide her email to those people. Then the FBI started investigating it because of the complaint made.......and she resigned 'for personal reasons'.

Collapse -
It's deliberate action to lie to America by EPA
by James Denison / January 3, 2013 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: This actually broke

I wish we'd just get rid of that Carter hangover we've suffered from for decades now.

Collapse -
You do know that the EPA was created by Richard Nixon's
by Ziks511 / January 3, 2013 12:18 PM PST
Collapse -
Me a foreigner?
by James Denison / January 3, 2013 2:34 PM PST

This from someone who actually IS a foreigner? Or should I use the term "ex-pat" as in ex patriot? Why don't you move back stateside and do something about the country if you are that concerned with it? Aren't allowed back across the border?

Collapse -
It's just that you so often either get American things wrong
by Ziks511 / January 7, 2013 4:11 AM PST
In reply to: Me a foreigner?

or misrepresent them that it makes me ask if you're a foreigner. The only reason I can think that you get issues wrong or think Jimmy Carter started the EPA is either that you weren't a US citizen when the legislation was passed, or that you don't have a solid grasp of English.

On the other hand, Democrats aren't all interchangeable as you seem to think, nor do they all fit under the same umbrella, which was the point of Blue Dog Democrats in the early Obama Administration.

I'm an American, born and bred. Subsequent travels or living situations do nothing to change that, and I know who was President when most landmark legislation was passed. More particularly, don't confuse me with Gerard Depardieu, the newly Russian French-speaking fat actor. He has more hair.

Collapse -
No Rob
by James Denison / January 7, 2013 4:34 AM PST

I'm a 5th generation Floridian, currently living in Maryland. The EPA was a Democrat program and flowered it's greatest since it's inception under Carter, since Nixon signed it into law under strong pressure. It might be better for you to turn your attention to things Canadian since that seems to be where you will live out your life, instead of here in the States.

Collapse -
Boy have you got that right.
by TONI H / January 8, 2013 6:23 AM PST

>>>>On the other hand, Democrats aren't all interchangeable as you seem to think, nor do they all fit under the same umbrella, which was the point of Blue Dog Democrats in the early Obama Administration.>>>>

Which is why he browbeat, bribed, and lied to them all in order to get Obamacare passes and NONE are around anymore. He chased every Blue Dog Dem out of town..........or haven't you noticed that? They were the VERY people who actually understood the word "compromise" and voted both sides of the aisle.

Collapse -
It's a Democratic created organization
by James Denison / January 3, 2013 2:38 PM PST

Nixon just signed the bill. From your own link you should have read.....

"Many claims have been made that Nixon created the EPA,[citation needed] this is in error,[citation needed] he signed the law and used issues such as these to his advantage because they were very popular and his increase in the Vietnam War wasn't. Senator Henry M. Jackson was the real push behind the environment[citation needed] and he proposed and helped write S 1075, a bill submitted in 1969 creating the NEPA, the National Environmental Protection Act. Signed into law by President Nixon on January 1, 1970, NEPA was the first of several major environmental laws passed in the 1970s."

Collapse -
(NT) Just when did Scoop Jackson become Jimmy Carter, and How?
by Ziks511 / January 7, 2013 4:12 AM PST
Collapse -
I see
by James Denison / January 7, 2013 4:35 AM PST

your reading comprehension is suffering again.

Collapse -
(NT) ??
by Diana Forum moderator / January 12, 2013 11:13 PM PST
In reply to: I see
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.