Samsung forum

Rhapsody app problem on Samsung Smart TV

by Steve5432123 / December 27, 2012 5:16 AM PST

Rhapsody announced in October that it launched an app on Samsung Smart TVs. I bought a new smart TV last week (model UN55ES6600FXZA) and have not found the app. I have talked with Rhapsody and Samsung tech folks who answer that sorry, it's not there, although they cannot explain why. (I live in the United States, which I mention only because Rhapsody asked me, and I bought the TV in the United States.) But I have also been told by someone else at Rhapsody that it should be there. I have searched every way I know how. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if Rhapsody or Samsung pulled the app due to technical problems. If anyone knows or, better yet, has a solution, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rhapsody app problem on Samsung Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rhapsody app problem on Samsung Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: Rhapsody app problem on Samsung Smart TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 28, 2012 1:25 AM PST

Hi Steve,

I see that we have the app listed online:

But I also see that there is currently no model listed as supported. As a side note, the model list is supplied by the developer. So I'm not sure why the app is supported by any TV.

Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like. I don't mind. Happy

HD Tech

Collapse -
How can we fix this?
by AJTozer / December 30, 2012 9:38 AM PST

An app that isn't available on any devices can hardly be said to be released. How can we get this made available?

Collapse -
Re: How can we fix this?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 31, 2012 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: How can we fix this?

Hi AJTozer,

Rhapsody develops it. So keep asking them.

HD Tech

Collapse -
The app is here at last
by stevekaren / July 27, 2013 10:40 AM PDT
Cool Rhapsody notified me a couple months ago that it was still working on this. I checked periodically and it wasn't there. But today it was, as a new app. Thank you, Rhapsody and Samsung.
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.