Mac OS forum

General discussion

repair permissions, again, and again and...

by w t s / February 11, 2010 7:46 AM PST

After some various installations and file copy from/to external hard drives i ran the repair permissions on the bootup hard drive.

There was a listing about a mile long. Whoa, that does not look good to me.

So, i ran the persmissions repair again: another mile long listing: yikes.

Yep, ran another permissions repair and same thing.

How many times do you have to run permissions until it just show a few permissions that had to be corrected ?

Or is this a sign that the system is in trouble.

This was an external FW drive with Leopard run by iMac 3.06GHz.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: repair permissions, again, and again and...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: repair permissions, again, and again and...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's a known bug in Leopard
by macnerd10 / February 11, 2010 9:35 AM PST

Don't worry about it. Everybody has that "mile".

Collapse -
oh no, I've caught the bug: time to phone the boss
by w t s / February 11, 2010 9:44 AM PST

Thanks. This is first I've heard about that bug.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.