This seems one of situations System Restore is meant for. Use it to go back to before you made this error and be more careful next time.
Please can someone HELP me!
I am using a ThinkPad R61i Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP2
In an attempt to install the problematic update MS KB979906 for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, I accidentally Removed Windows XP SP2 component which connects to:
- NetWork Connections Wizard,
- NetWork Connections Icons
- My SysTray is missing Icons e.g. computer monitor-like icon that you can Right-click on to see "Available Networks" "Repair Network Connections" ?Change/Add NetWork Connections? and flashes bright blue when you are connected to the internet; it also tells how many bars you have for your connection
- Unable to launch Anti-Virus program AVAST
Since I had this accident every time I boot up I receive the following error messages:
- Rescue & Recovery Back-up Service unable to run
- Netwk.exe error
I?ve tried installing these in hopes of fixing the problem ? but to no avail:
- Tried to download the following but got error message - NDP1.1sp1-KB979906-X86 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Then I tried downloading Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and received the following error message - "this product is not supported on X86 operating system"
- Then I tried installing .NET Framework 4 Setup got error message "Installation Did Not Succeed because Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed"
- Then I tried to install Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable, and received the following: EXTRACTION FAILED - .update.exe is not a valid Win32 application