Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Remove omnipass

by steve l / October 7, 2006 2:18 AM PDT

HI everyone
Could someone please tell me how to uninstall Omnipass its not in add & remove programmes and it keeps getting in the way .
Thanks
Steve

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remove omnipass
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remove omnipass
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell us more
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 7, 2006 5:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Remove omnipass

How do you mean, it gets in your way? What does?

Are you the Administrator of this computer? If not, then ask the Administrator to remove it from Add/Remove programs in his account.

Have a look at this MajorGeeks forum discussion about a similar problem;
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74501&goto=nextoldest
There are 2 pages, and I would suggest you read the whole lot first, before trying anything from the start of the thread again.

Let us know how you get on.

Mark

Collapse -
removing Omnipass
by casey54 / September 23, 2009 1:54 AM PDT

Using XP: I have studied the long and helpful replies on this subject in Majorgeeks. My problem is that Omnipass does not appear in my (Add/Remove) list of programs, nor does it appear in Perfect Uninstall lists. I suspect I never completely installed it, but it's always there in the Task Bar, and seems to slow down my access to Firefox &c
(I am the sole user of this Packard Bell desktop computer from new.)

Collapse -
Uninstalling Omnipass
by casey54 / September 26, 2009 2:13 AM PDT
In reply to: removing Omnipass

With Windows XP, as Administrator and sole user, I have at last discovered that Omnipass is listed in Control Panel. But it is not listed among programs, or in Add/remove programs. PerfectUninstall will list it, but will uninstall it only if I register--for 39 dollars!
Perhaps it's not doing as much harm as I suspected--not 39 dollars' worth! UninstallGold might do the same, but the seller is regarded as of unproved trustworthiness! One feels like a shorn lamb.

Collapse -
Perfect uninstaller finally did the job
by casey54 / October 18, 2009 5:06 AM PDT

No other method worked, but when I downloaded a (free) trail version of Perfect uninstaller, it listed Omnipass among programs, and removed it. I was happy to make a donation, though I don't expect to need it again.

Collapse -
removing omnipass
by jamesfra / November 17, 2011 9:45 PM PST

I contacted softex omnipass through the softexinc. website and they responded within 12 hours.
They provided the following link:

www.softexinc.com/download/opunist32.exe

Use this address to download the opunst32.exe unistall program
Run the program and then reboot your computer.

You will now be able to delete the softex folder. They said it would be in c:\program files but on my computer it was in c:\apps

An inactive softex icon might still remain in the control panel. I found advice on how to remove an invalid icon from the control panel through google (http://windowsxp.mvps.org/cpicon.htm). It was very simple.

jamesfra

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.