Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Remember those old radio shows from the late 40s & early 50s

by taboma / June 8, 2006 6:36 PM PDT

Any memorabilia about these early radio shows?:

? The Shadow (What evil lurks in the hearts of man?)
?The Fat Man (Steps on the scale. His weight? 380 lbs.)
? Baby Snooks
? Green Hornet (Kato his side-kick)
? **** Tracy
? LUX Theatre (Became Lux Video Theatre on TV.)
? Captain Midnight (What was his son's and daughter's names?)
? Amos & Andy Show
? Gangbusters (Machine gun sounds opening up the broadcast)
? Roy Rogers, Dale and Tonto ("Kemosabe" and Pinto)
? Innersanctomb (Squeeky door opening up the broadcast)

I can only think of a few right now.
What can anyone list and any links to them?

I did happen to like that early TV show called "LIGHTS OUT!"
Spookey-kind of a show when I was about 14 years old.
(The announcer was?? The sponsor?)

Sid Ceasar and Imogine Coca were on of my favorites as well as
Red Skelton and The Ernie Kovak Show. (Ernie Kovak was-ahead of his time. Remember his beautiful wife? She was a model for Murial Cigars.
"Why don't you pick me up and smoke me sometime?"
Edie Adams? What a beauty.)

Is there any way to listen to some links and clips from these old shows?
Would be fun to hear them again.

EdH, are you able to set up some links?
Anyone else?

What are your favorite early broadcasts and TV shows?

Thanks to all,

-Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remember those old radio shows from the late 40s & early 50s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remember those old radio shows from the late 40s & early 50s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes, and even the late 30's. :-)

The only ones I don't recall is ''The Fat Man''.

I never liked ''Little Orphan Annie''.

Nor ''Terry and the Pirates''.

And ''Jack Armstrong, All American Boy''.

One correction, Kevin. ''''Kemosabe'' was said by The Lone Ranger's sidekick, Tonto. Dale's horse was ''Buttermilk'', and Roy's was ''Trigger''. The Lone Ranger's horse was ''Silver'', and Tonto;s was ''Scout''.

''Light's Out'' started on the radio. Sure did scare me! As did ''The Inner Sanctum''.

''Lux Radio Theater'' did movies that had recently been screened in theaters.

Sunday afternoons was the time for ''The Contented Hours'', sponsored by Carnation milk. Music.

Don't forget that Burns and Allen, Fred Allen (remember that closet?), Bob Hope, and Bing Crosby all had their own shows.

Burma Shave, Carter's Little Liver Pills, Ovaltine, Maxwell House Coffee are a few sponsors I remember.

As to early TV shows, ''Playhouse 90'', Westinghouse Video Theater'' (Betty Furness was the spokesman), ''Omnibus'', and ''Wild Kingdom''.

I recall some sponsor.... the dancing cigarette packs for ''Old Gold''., ''Timex'' watches (John Cameron Swayze), Texaco.

There were also some 15 minute ones, like Nat King Cole and Dinah Shore.

I enjoyed all of the early TV shows you mentioned.

No doubt some of both are available on audio or video .

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I forgot one.... Jack Benny!
by Angeline Booher / June 9, 2006 3:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
Yes and even the late 30s
by taboma / June 9, 2006 3:57 PM PDT

Angiline,
My favorite ads were what you pointed out:
I recall some favorite sponsors.... the dancing cigarette packs for ''Old Gold''., ''Timex'' watches (John Cameron Swayze), Texaco.
Also Kraft Mayo. It seemed like a lot of food manufacturers sponsored shows.
You remembered a lot of shows that were on the broadcasts at that time.
The character that was on "Lights Out" and blew out the candle was also the spokesperson with Kraft Theatre, Frank, was his name.

"The Fat Man was a detective in the mid and late 40s. At the start of the program the announcer would say?"There he goes, he steps up to the scale, his weight? (Sound effect of a scale clicking) 380 pounds. The Fat Man!!

Captain Midnight was a favorite of mine. I actually have a Captain Midnight secret decoder ring from the 40s. If you have one, or anyone else has one, we can send each other secret messages! WOW!
Wonder if ebay has any for sale?

As Dina Shore always said?Mmwaa! Kind of a kiss to you. :

Collapse -
A couple of minor additions
by Ziks511 / June 9, 2006 7:03 PM PDT

The legs of the dancing Old Gold cigarette pack belonged for a time to Mary Tyler Moore, pre **** Van ****.

"Carnation Milk... the milk from contented cows"

The presenter for Omnibus was Alistair Cooke (we watched every week).

There was a program called "Answers Please" or something like that with a panel of 4 including John Kieran. If they couldn't come up with the right answer the panel made up something funny and the questioner won something.

I was surfing for old British Radio Series having gotten hooked on records of the Goon Show, and found endless sites which offered them in MP3 format. I assume the same is true of American series.

Is What's My Line with Garry Moore too late to qualify for this list.

And what was that show with Bennett Cerf and Dorothy Kilgallen and 2 other panelists? or was it indeed What's My Line and am I separating the indivisible.

They didn't call them Soap Operas for nothing, each major soap company had its own. I think Ma Perkins was Tide, and As the World Turns (which started on radio) was another soap company.

When I stayed home from school which for an asthmatic was frequent, we used to start with Don MacNeil's Breakfast Club, and then go to Arthur Godfrey (Howaya howaya howaya). I don't remember what came after that perhaps because I wasn't interested in it.

Weekends was the realm of Suspense. I've mentioned this one here before but Something or Other Keene: Tracer of Lost Persons (I always forget the first name), and the requisite Horse Operas like the Lone Stranger (Ranger) and Red Ryder.

Rob

Collapse -
You are correct re.... and a few more.
by Angeline Booher / June 10, 2006 1:35 AM PDT

"What's My Line?"

I had forgotten "The Breakfast Clun". Somehow that reminded me of "Queen for a Day" (what a sappy show!)Thjere was another tear-jerker, but I forget the title.

I don't know why, but I never cared for Godfrey. he did have some good guests.

Now I just recalled "The Gary Moore Show" (I really enjoyed it!), and "The Mike ----" forget his last name.

And "Doctor IQ". ("Doctor, I have a man in the balcony.")

What fun!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Re
by Cindi Haynes / June 10, 2006 4:47 AM PDT
And what was that show with Bennett Cerf and Dorothy Kilgallen and 2 other panelists? or was it indeed What's My Line and am I separating the indivisible.

Wasn't that "To Tell the Truth"?

Cindi
Collapse -
Here ya go!
by Angeline Booher / June 11, 2006 2:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Re
Collapse -
Some were crossovers.
by Cindi Haynes / June 11, 2006 5:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Here ya go!

Yet I see where Cerf and Kilgallen were WML'ers regularly.

Thanks,
Cindi

Collapse -
God you're good, many thanks.
by Ziks511 / June 11, 2006 7:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Here ya go!

I remember Peggy Cass from a Broadway Musical called a Thurber Carnival in which one of her best lines was: "And then he said 'You wait here, and I'll bring my etchings down'" Blackout. There was a cast album but we never had it, wish I did now, along with all my Theodore Bikel records.

Rob

Collapse -
But wasn't To Tell the Truth an afternoon show? But you're
by Ziks511 / June 11, 2006 7:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Re

probably right, I'll just have to run it through the steam operated DOS XVII computer I was born with for a couple more days. Can you remember the other two panel members?

Thanks loads Cindi

Rob

Collapse -
A few more?
by taboma / June 10, 2006 4:06 PM PDT

Angeline,, trying to find out about ?Boston Blackie show", a favorite.
Also more info of the ??FAT MAN? to follow.
Will tell you more when you have your Captain Midnight's ring on.
That's for real!! We can read the secret code sent out. The new secret code was sent out every week. Kept every kid in suspense!
Great radio broadcast show as aired.

Maybe Sky King and Penny can help out. Zzzzzoooommmm!!!
I already told you I was lousy at sound effects. How the heck would you spell an airplane zooming over your head!?? Want to try?

I will bet that you did not know I was a Duncan Yo-Yo Champion when I was a kid. We had local competitions around our neighborhood.
Shoot the moon, dog bite and others.
The winners had their yo-yos engraved from our Duncan Yo-Yo instructor.
I still have my diamond embedded yo-yo from 1948.
Holy Buzz-Saw! That was a Duncan trick on your Levies,
(sound effects like a buzz saw.) I;m good at r that sound effect.
Had to be there sort of thing. True. No broadcast on those, at all.

Have to go to Tony's link right now and to hear what is happening between Lou and Abbot Costello. What a great link!
Old-Time broadcasts.

I sent that link to friends at work today.

Angeline, Thanks,

-Kevin

Collapse -
I am very impressed !
by Angeline Booher / June 11, 2006 2:42 AM PDT
In reply to: A few more?

About all I could ever do was "walk the dog" and "baby in a cradle" (did I name that one right?).

Yo-yos were the rage al through my growing up. When I was in High School, the principal

stood at the front door one day and collected them from us. (Can't you just imagine the firestorm if that happened today!)

What's that? Didn't quite hear you. There is a buzzing in my ears. Must be your sound effects. Happy

I do have some excuses for not having a decoder ring. I didn't like listening to Captain Midnoght, nor Orphan Annie. Also, as to the latter, my family couldn't afford Ovaltine. Hershey's chocolate syrup was about all of the milf additives we occasionally had.

But I did once have some coveralls with a Lone Ranger motiff, and real wooden silver bullets at holster holding a cap pistol! That had to be before I even started school, but that sticks in my memory!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Angeline, were you a tom-boy?
by taboma / June 11, 2006 11:26 AM PDT
In reply to: I am very impressed !

Wearing that six-gun cap pistol to school along with your
Duncan Yo-Yo?
You did name them correctly. Still think dog-bite was everyone's favorite. We did shoot-the-moon about thirty feet high and try to have it land in our front pocket jeans. Awesome to watch when it worked.

Glad I did not attend your school and have my yo-yo confiscated.

I shot the High school principal right in his glasses one day.
He couldn't see where the water pistol came from nor who shot it.
Gave him five quick shots when he entered our class room in the 7th grade.
I later confessed to him it was me with the water pistol and that I was sorry for my actions.
No retributions except from another teacher that confiscated my water pistol and let me have about twenty squirts right in the face.
?How does that feel?", he told me.
That was the end of my water pistol days in Jr. High. :

Collapse -
I 'spect so! :-)
by Angeline Booher / June 12, 2006 1:32 AM PDT

I loved cap pistols, and even hitting those caps with a hammer. Liked playing I was a cowboy. (No- not a cowgirl. heck- Dale Evans wasn't a cowgirl. She was only married to a cowboy. :-))

There was one female I admired was in the Saturday serial "Whistling Arrow". After that, I wanted a bow and arrow set, but never got one.

Most of the Saturday serials at the theaters were westerns. Do you reecall the one gene Autry did called "The Phantom Empire"? That Empire melted at the end, and I found that very imporessive. Happy

The Saturday matinees were also westerns and crime-fighting, like "Boston Blackie".

Westerns-wise, I remember Wild Bill Elliott ("I'm a peaceable man") and the Durango Kid series with Charles Starret.

My sister is 12 years my senior, my brother was 6 years older than I am, so he had a bigger inlfuence on my interests.

High school prankss: Study Hall was held in the auditorium. Depending on which teacher was the monitor, we had 2 good tricks. One was just to get everybody to softly hum. Another was for some kids in the back rows to start an orange rolling down that slanted floor.

(Sound effects: #1... hmmmmmmmmmmmm
#2...(pianissimo) slumpslumpslumpslump

Got a grin from the Ovaltine song.:-)

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
yo yo wah
by WOODS-HICK / June 11, 2006 11:04 AM PDT
In reply to: A few more?

was the name of the other yoyo maker? I can't remember. 'around the world' was my head liner and headbanger too. something called 3-D and two other basic moves, that was it for me. I have not read all the posts so if I mention I had every gadget from battle creek michigan, forgive. I wondered who lived there and thought of running away to that town of endless offers. emptied many a crappy cereal box down the drain to get the 'free inside'

Collapse -
Yo Yo Wah
by taboma / June 11, 2006 11:37 AM PDT
In reply to: yo yo wah

Never used them. Only Duncan.
Tried two-handed all the time. And you?
Our Duncan Chinese instructor used to knock out a cigarette from our mouth! That was wild to see!

-Kevin

Collapse -
?the Mike Douglas Show?
by Ziks511 / June 11, 2006 6:59 PM PDT

Yeah, never could stand Queen for a day, or This Is Your Life for that matter. My excuse for knowing all this was that my parents were comparatively older than most parents, and I was an only sickly child so I heard what my mother listened to; Queen for a day not among them.

You're absolutely right about Godfrey, behind all the false bonhomie there was a predator on the prowl and it showed; but you're right about his guests, I remember first hearing songs from The Music Man and Robert Preston there, and the Unsinkable Molly Brown, and Tessie O'Shea and of course Julius, oops I think I just lost my career LaRosa, who was the regular crooner. The orchestra was led by Lou McGarrity whom I later came across on BeBop records as I moved ever Jazz-ward.

Doctor IQ is entirely new to me. Apparently Merv Griffin was a big band singer before becoming a couch potato, though I never recall him having a radio program. I think he sang for the band-leader that did Skyliner for a while, I remember him and another singer trading themesongs for big bands that I'd never heard of and truthfully only barely have now, and not with much interest.

Do check out www.jeffhealey.com or jazz.fm, and find out when Jeff's doing his radio program My Kind of Jazz, jazz from the mid teens to the late 40's. I think its 9PM to 11PM Mondays and 7AM to 9AM either Sat morning or Sunday Morning, my money is on Sunday because that's the same day as the Big Band Jazz Program from about 5 to 9PM or 6 to 10PM.

Danny Marks, whom I know and who is a bit of a big headed pain, has a really good blues show on Saturday evenings.

Thanks Angeline.

Collapse -
That's the one! Thanks!
by Angeline Booher / June 12, 2006 12:53 AM PDT

I recall Peggy Cass re-creating her stage role as the pregnant Agnes Gooch in "Auntie Mame".

Re: Julius LaRosa.... that awful stuff surrounding Godfrey firing him.

I have a copy of Meredith Willson's autobiography. He signed it, and included the first 2 bars of "Seventy-Six Trombones".

Merv Griffin had one of those 15 minute TV shows.

My husband was the jazz lover. Cab Calloway's "Caldonia!" was in the stack of old 78's I gave away. I was an Earle Gardner (?sp?) fan. His "I only Have Eyes For You" was fantastic!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Additions to add
by taboma / June 10, 2006 2:52 PM PDT

Rob, Thanks for the additions.
My favorite TV show was Monty Python from Jolly Old England.
Was so funny to watch. We will miss him.

My wife has been watching a new English comedy show for over a year.
Do not ask me what it is right now. My wife is sleeping and I do not want to be bopped over the head waking her up and asking her about this. :

Collapse -
As even my detractors here will admit, I have a velcro brain
by Ziks511 / June 11, 2006 7:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Additions to add

that once things pass in through the ears under the right circumstances (not, Honey will you take out the garbage) stuff just sticks. I think it was some species of trivia discussion near the end of the 60's which was the original trivia age that revealed the Mary Tyler Moore secret which she later confirmed on a talk show I saw.

How about this one "You got shoes, I got shoes, Everybody's got to have shoes, but the bestest shoes in the whole wide world are good old Buster Brown Shoes." I won a University wide trivia contest and a bit of stereo equipment by remembering the Buster Brown shoe jingle. I may have messed it up since.

My mum was English and it's true that they have a substantially different sense of humor. We were lucky in that both families on both sides of the Atlantic were early adopters of technology, in this case the tape recorder. We had this huge piece of living room furniture with huge sattelite Macintosh Speakers and a Macintosh receiver and a Garrard turntable and an Ampex? tape recorderbuilt into a piece of furniture that occupied one side of the living room. The family in Britain sent tapes including radio programs (which years later I found improperly stored and virtually useless). I used to listen to the Goons and Around the Horne, and a personal favorite "My Word" which was about word origins and derivations, sometimes about meanings and always had a quotation that had to be identified. There were two teams comprising Denis Norden and Nancy Spain and Frank Muir and Dilys Powell. The women always knew the real names and derivations and identified the quotations, but the men made jokes, really cerebral difficult off the cuff jokes including how the quotation of the day came to be said. Funniest thing I ever heard in my life was towards the end of high school when I was just getting faintly interested in Philosophy and the question was "Who was Kleist" Well Kleist was a mid 19th Century German philosopher and also a World War 2 General. But before I could open my mouth to talk back to the tape recorder Frank Muir said "He was the Chinese Messiah". Well that ended any listening for about 15 minutes, we were all falling around the living room, repeating it to ourselves each time it went off anew in our heads.

PBS has been running so many good Britcoms that it's hard to choose. If you can get BBC on cable there's some very good newer programs there. I used to like something alternately called The Good Life, and Good Neighbours on PBS with Penelope Keith and a fabulous cast who have slipped my mind for a moment except for the chap who played the Minister and Prime Minister in Yes Minister and Yes, Prime Minister.

There was also a program I used to get up here in Canada on the public network called Not the Nine O'Clock News which was paralysingly funny. Rowan Atkinson newly out of Cambridge, Mel Smith, Gryf Rhys Jones and Pamela Stephenson, they did a satirical news program that was wonderful. No one was immune, their primary african target was Robert Mugabe, but they took on the Royal Family and any other issue they could make something out of.

When we lived in Britain between 10 and 5 years ago there was a music program called Never Mind the Buzzcocks (a punk band 20 years previously), and another identify the headline program about news and current events that was hilarious.

Before there was Monty Python, he said dusting off his medals, there were two programs one on BBC 2 Radio called I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again with John Cleese and the cast of another funny but not transcendent TV show called The Goodies Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graham Garden and David Hatch and Jo Kendall who later appeared in Monty Python. The TV show ostensibly for kids was called Do Not Adjust Your Set and besides Terry Jones and Michael Palin, and I think Graham Chapman had as the house band the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, with Neil Innes who later did much of the music and songs for Monty Python. I had gotten hooked on the Bonzo's while working in a record shop in Baltimore that ordered British imports of things you usually couldn't get in the US. They were a glorious three album band who had to continue for 5, they later spawned the Rutles in conjunction with members of Monty Python if you've ever seen the Rutles (takeoff on the Beatles) TV special All You Need is Cash which was produced by the Saturday Night Live crowd.

If I don't stop now I'll never stop. All the best Kev.

Rob

Collapse -
Velcro Brain
by taboma / June 12, 2006 2:11 PM PDT

Bob, Monty Python was one of my favorites. The rest of the shows I do not know.
You do have an amazing memory of those shows.
Good old Buster Brown Shoes was a good one for trivia.
Must be the clean air in Canada.

There is one song/commercial that I remember in the 50s broadcast shows? Think and sing along with a tom-tom indian beat?
"N A B I S C O, Nabisco is the name to know, for a breakfast you can't beat, try Nabisco Shredded Wheat!!" :

Collapse -
Yep as soon as you started the jingle it came back in a flas
by Ziks511 / June 12, 2006 3:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Velcro Brain

h. I grew up in the US, Maryland and it's environs, then Grad school for a PhD in History at Ann Arbor but incomplete owing to quite serious health problems (asthma, if anyone offers you lung lavage, say you'd rather drown using both lungs at the same time).

But I have always had this facility for remembering things heard, which was helpful because UMich Ann Arbor insisted on both French and German if you were studying History. I was also a small time folk singer and ragtime guitarist, and I mention this only because I find people with an ear for music have an ear for languages, and an easier time memorizing and remembering. You can actually re-play some of the stuff in your head. The Shadow's theme is a great example of this, but the ?Edward? Keene: Tracer of Lost Persons theme is almost as fresh as the day I last heard it. Same with Ma Perkins.

There was a British comedy show we used to get on tape in the early 1960's which had a parody of the phrase Sweet F@#$ All, which was rendered in WW2 speech as Sweet Fanny Adams. Their phrase was Sweet Rockall, which is fine as far as it goes until you happen to look at a map of the Atlantic and notice there's a tiny point of rock about the same distance across the sea as Iceland but roughly even with the Hebrides called Rockall. Apparently its the tip of an undersea mountain, and has nothing, repeat absolutely nothing on it, but wet Granite. Nothing.

The word Fanny doesn't mean in the United Kingdom what it does here and in the States. It is a portion of the female anatomy only several inches forward of what we call the fanny (i.e. buttocks), and if you want to see an English girl blush, just point to what they call a Bum Bag slung round your waist with a water bottle and other goodies in it and tell her it's a Fanny Pack. She'll just about pass out.

I've posted this joke at least twice here, but for anyone new, "What does an Essex girl use for protection during sex?
>
>
>
A bus shelter.

Having lived there, it captures the spirit of the Essex girls quite well. Never have I seen so many exposed contrasting bra-straps in my life.

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay,
I work all night and I sleep all day. ((Everybody)
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay,
I work all night and I sleep all day.

or even better, the last Bonzo Dog Band song for the 1996 election that elected Tony Blair:
"No matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in"

Rob

Collapse -
we were looking yesterday

for something and I found this:

http://www.originaloldradio.com/let_george_do_it.html

if you google one that you are looking for I bet you will find something.

radio shows lost out to tv when I was kid. I was born in '47. my folks often talked about the old shows. it was there 'magic' box. hope this helps.

Collapse -
Looking yesterday
by taboma / June 9, 2006 4:08 PM PDT

Wood-Hick,
That link was wonderful to the "Magic Box" your parents enjoyed.
Will check out the details. This is rally fun!! :

Collapse -
Ah yes, we didn't need TV in

those days, thinking TV was like 'Buck Rogers' way off in the future when we were old & gray. The radio had such great sound effects on everything, & with the acting, it was just like watching a short movie on the screen.

We were required to leave the room where our radio was located at 9:30 PM for bed, but I sent off to the Johnson & Johnson mail order catalog for a $1.98 crystal radio, and a friend (who later became a Navy Carrier fighter pilot) gave me his spare headphones. Strung a rooftop antenna, and with careful placing of the 'needle' on different locations of the crystal, could pick up 2 & sometimes 3 stations. Mom/Dad never knew how late I stayed up listening to radio.

Used to listen to all you and Angeline mentioned including these:

Sky King
Fibber McGee & Molly
Life of Riley (William Bendix)

Maybe do a google search for tapes of the old programs.
Some time back a relative sent me some commercial tapes of Amos & Andy, that I lent out and now disappeared.

JR

Collapse -
PS........
by John Robie / June 9, 2006 4:10 AM PDT

I and probably Angeline heard most all those old radio programs from the late 30's on to the early 50's, rather than the late 40's and early 50's.
Happy

Collapse -
Still out there...
by J. Vega / June 9, 2006 4:13 AM PDT

The old Johnson Smith and Co. is still out there, now going under the name ThingsYouNeverKnewExisted.com. The old catalogs can be found on e-Bay and are great for hours and hours of fun. They go for reasonable prices.

Collapse -
Hey thanks J.
by John Robie / June 9, 2006 4:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Still out there...

for the info.
Yes, it was John Smith & Co. instead of Johnson & Johnson.

I remember you could get 'woopie cushions', 'hand buzzers', model type airplanes, all kind of joke items, and even those tiny grey exploding detonators through the US mail to put in cigarettes....when lit, explode in your face.

Collapse -
Even better...
by J. Vega / June 9, 2006 4:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey thanks J.

Even better were the tiny white tablets that caused a "snow storm" when the cigarette burned. And, let's not forget the old standby, itching powder.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-)
by John Robie / June 9, 2006 4:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Even better...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.