PC Applications forum

General discussion

RegScrubXP by Lexun

by alexaps / September 26, 2005 9:25 AM PDT

I have recently downloaded this program and according to the website where I download from ( Major Geeks)they mention that I can click on a button ( in the background) to get updates for this program. I still haven't found this button.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RegScrubXP by Lexun
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RegScrubXP by Lexun
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Feature not found here either. Believe this is error!
by glenn30 / September 26, 2005 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: RegScrubXP by Lexun
Collapse -
RegScrubXP by lexun
by alexaps / September 26, 2005 10:40 AM PDT

does this program get updates at all?

Collapse -
alexapa, I find no way to update...
by glenn30 / September 26, 2005 11:33 AM PDT
In reply to: RegScrubXP by lexun

Just checked for later versions and find the latest is 3.25. I seldom use this software preferring others that seem more effective. I like Ccleaner and especially RegSeeker that is beta but I find quite effective... both are free.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Collapse -
regscrubxp by lexun
by alexaps / September 26, 2005 11:46 AM PDT

where on the program does it show what version it is?
Thanks for all your help

Collapse -
Open the program. . .
by Coryphaeus / September 26, 2005 9:59 PM PDT
In reply to: regscrubxp by lexun

and click the Help button.

Collapse -
Re: regscrubxp by lexun
by Tufenuf / September 26, 2005 11:57 PM PDT

alexaps, The way to find out the version of RegScrubXP you installed is to go into Windows Explorer and C:\Program Files\RegScrubXP and right click the RegScrubXP.exe file, choose Properties then under the Version tab you'll see that it is 3.2.5.0(which is 3.25) which is the only version available. The update button is not available in the program itself. You also will not find the version under Help>About.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Another way to determine version :)
by glenn30 / September 27, 2005 12:12 AM PDT

Right click the RegScrubXP icon in the upper left corner of RegScrub screen then choose "About RegScrub XP".

HTH

Glenn

Collapse -
Glenn, That's usually the case but
by Tufenuf / September 27, 2005 1:01 AM PDT

With this particular program (RegScrubXP) the version is nowhere to be found under Help>About.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
reg scrub
by byker49 / September 27, 2005 4:21 AM PDT

I believe I read somewhere that this program is no longer supported. The author moved on to bigger and better things.

Collapse -
Kindof...
by John.Wilkinson / September 27, 2005 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: reg scrub
The author's website doesn't list RegScrub as a current product because he is currently spending most of his time updating all of his software for Windows Vista. In fact, he lists RegScrubVista as an upcoming release due out sometime next year. So, while he is moving onto bigger and better things, he really isn't moving very far at all...RegScrub will live on.

Hope this helps,
John
Collapse -
Sorry Tufenuf but I never said...
by glenn30 / September 27, 2005 5:52 AM PDT

anything about "Help". Read my post again. Either I am not understanding your post or you did not understand mine. Not meaning to quibble but my method works for me and gives the version.

Wish you had that 1957 Chevy now don't you?

Regards,

Glenn

Collapse -
Glenn, My mistake and
by Tufenuf / September 27, 2005 6:09 AM PDT

I'm sorry I misread your previous reply. Thanks for the tip to find the version number. That's surely an oddball place to put it in a program.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
RegScrubXp
by alexaps / September 27, 2005 11:39 AM PDT

Thanks for all your help Glenn. Can you give me a link for the latest version of Regseeker that you mentioned? Sounds like a good program to have. any problems with it and does it have a update feature to keep to up to date?

Collapse -
alexaps, information you requested
by glenn30 / September 27, 2005 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: RegScrubXp

This first link for download is given because it gives a pretty good overview. Second link is the homepage of the software maker. I does not come with an update feature so you only need to check back from time to time for a new build... most recent one now is 1.45.0505.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html

www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

(Sorry but you will need to copy and paste the above into your browser as the forums will not allow a link with the word ''free'' in it.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.