Samsung forum

General discussion

Registration for P2570?

by Paul3456 / July 18, 2009 8:35 PM PDT

I am trying to register my newly purchased monitor, the P2570 on the Samsung website but the model isn't shown. The P2570HD is listed but it is a completely different model with a different model code. Can someone help in this matter? Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Registration for P2570?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Registration for P2570?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Registration for P2570?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 19, 2009 5:15 AM PDT

Paul3456,

I'm not sure why it's getting that error. But if you'd like, you can register your monitor by calling 800-SAMSUNG and requesting the additional three months. If you have any issues or questions that arise from that, please let me know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Registering the Samsung 2570
by perrito grande / July 20, 2009 1:50 PM PDT

I am having exactly the same problem as Paul3456. I can't register my Samsung P2570 on their website because the monitor is not listed only the one with a built in tuner is listed. It's like it doesn't even exist. Why is that? Plus the information in the brochure is wrong. It IS a digital monitor and also has a HDMI input but the brochure states otherwise. Anyhow please advise what to do to register my P2570 monitor.
Thanks,
Greg

Collapse -
Registration website still not showing P2570
by Paul3456 / July 24, 2009 10:58 PM PDT

Bump. Can't somebody at Samsung resolve this simple problem?

Collapse -
Registering the Samsung P2570
by perrito grande / July 25, 2009 12:41 AM PDT

Double Bump... you would think this would be a very easy fix to add this monitor to their registration page. Paul3456 did you register your monitor by calling Samsung directly?

Collapse -
Waiting
by Paul3456 / July 25, 2009 12:47 AM PDT

No, I am waiting to do it online. I own several other Samsung products and want all my registrations to show on one online page.

Collapse -
registering the Samsung P2570
by perrito grande / July 25, 2009 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Waiting

I would like to register my monitor online as I also own a few Samsung products. Sounds like we are in the same boat, hopefully they will resolve this very simple issue soon. On a side note how do you like this monitor?

Collapse -
Waiting
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 26, 2009 4:58 PM PDT

Paul3456,

I appreciate that. I will see if I can have it done first thing Monday.

--HDTech

Collapse -
How long do we need to wait????
by perrito grande / July 29, 2009 11:56 AM PDT

Triple bump - still waiting for you guys to add the P2570 to the registration page on the Samsung website.

Collapse -
How long do we need to wait????
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 29, 2009 8:03 PM PDT

perrito grande,

I apologize for the delay. We'll get it up as soon as we can, and I'll post back. It's not our intention to keep you waiting, and I'm doing everything I can to get the registration available ASAP.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still waiting... this is getting ridiculous !!!
by perrito grande / August 3, 2009 2:42 PM PDT

Mr Samsung HD Tech,
It has almost been a month since I have had the P2570 and still can't register it online. You have replied that you're working on it and it would be up soon but as of today which I am sure your aware of there is no sign of the P2570 on the registration page. Do you guys even support this monitor? It's like you don't want to recognize it even exists. How much longer does one have to wait to register their product (P2570) online?
Kind regards,
Greg

Collapse -
P2570 MODEL SHOWN BUT WON'T ACCEPT VALID SERIAL NUMBER
by Paul3456 / August 6, 2009 8:55 AM PDT

The model P2570 is now shown on the registration website but when I try to enter my serial number it keeps telling me that it is invalid. I tried entering the number on the shipping container and also adding a "J" at the end to match the number on the back of the monitor. It tells me both numbers are invalid,.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 6, 2009 10:26 AM PDT

Paul3456,

Will look right into it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Try putting in all lowercase (-)
by _jr_ / August 6, 2009 11:01 AM PDT

Worked for me when I was trying to register another Samsung product.

_jr_

Collapse -
Lowercase didn't work.
by Paul3456 / August 6, 2009 11:18 AM PDT

Lowercase didn't work.

Collapse -
Lowercase didn't work
by _jr_ / August 6, 2009 11:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Lowercase didn't work.

Then they haven't sorted it out yet. Sad
I was registering my Blu-Ray the other day, and until I put in all lowercase (even though everywhere the S/N was uppercase!), I would get "Invalid S/N" errors. I had never seen case-sensitive S/Ns before.
Thought it might help...
Sound like they are on the right track but still not quite there yet...

_jr_

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 10, 2009 7:51 AM PDT

Paul3456,

Would it be possible for you to email me your serial number?

If you're willing, please send it to me at LSforumcontest@gmail.com so we can see what the issue might be - and to get you registered.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still not reading the serial number
by perrito grande / August 10, 2009 8:53 AM PDT

What about the rest of us who own the P2570... can I e-mail you my serial number also and can you register my 2570 online?

Collapse -
Still not reading the serial number
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 12, 2009 6:15 PM PDT

perrito grande,

Yes, please, I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Email me at LSforumcontest@gmail.com

Thanks!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Serial number still being rejected.
by Paul3456 / August 7, 2009 9:40 AM PDT

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 7, 2009 3:38 PM PDT

Paul3456,

I'm very apologetic about this. I'm still addressing it with the website guys, and I haven't forgotten about this issue. I wish I controlled these things, but I am working to make it right.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Any update?
by Paul3456 / August 18, 2009 8:48 AM PDT

Any update with this problem? Serial number still not being accepted.

Collapse -
Any update?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 18, 2009 4:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Any update?

Paul3456,

I submitted the serial numbers after I responded. I asked again earlier this morning, and they're looking into it. They were under the impression that it was accepting those numbers, and we're working out the details.

--HDTech

Collapse -
still not registered!
by perrito grande / August 19, 2009 9:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Any update?

I have sent you my information by e-mail already. Will I still have to register here once all the bugs are worked out or will you send me confirmation that my monitor is registered in the system?

Collapse -
still not registered!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 19, 2009 5:29 PM PDT
In reply to: still not registered!

perrito grande,

Literally within the hour of when I hear back from the IT guys, I will post it here.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Not a US model?
by Paul3456 / August 20, 2009 10:24 PM PDT

I am beginning to wonder if my monitor is a grey market unit not intended for sale in the US, thus the registration serial number is showing not valid when trying to register.

I bought this from a major online retailer but at a very good price, a price that they continue to offer that is about 20% below everybody else.

Just a thought.

Collapse -
by perrito grande / August 28, 2009 11:17 AM PDT

I can't believe it's taking this long to fix the registration issue with the P2570. What the hell are your IT guys doing? I really do not understand why it's taking this long to fix this problem. It has been well over a month and still nothing. Are the IT guys even looking into this or are they just playing video games. I work in a big corporation and if my IT department took this long to fix a problem they all would have been fired. As you can tell in my e-mail I am a quite upset over something that should have been fixed weeks ago. For gods sake it's not brain surgery...
Regards,
Greg

Collapse -
Still nothing?
by _jr_ / August 28, 2009 12:28 PM PDT

I honestly believe the Samsung webteam (or whoever is responsible) can't find their *** with both hands... It's ridiculous.

Case in point... Whatever we may personally think of Wal-Mart, they move a LOT of Samsung products, yet under "Place of Purchase" I saw it listed as 'Wall Mart.' I am sure Wal-Mart will not appreciate it, and I have alerted the web guys about it. Do you think they fixed it? Nope!!!

If, ever, you can register your TV/monitor, I'd put Purchase Date as the date when you could actually register your monitor.

Outrageous...

That was a rant, I suppose - it didn't help you register you product in any way...:)

_jr_

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 28, 2009 5:28 PM PDT

perrito grande,

I'm doing everything I can on my end to make this happen. I'll be following up on Monday.

--HDTech

Collapse -
This wouldn't happen with Sony
by Paul3456 / August 28, 2009 11:24 PM PDT

For the past 15 years I had been a loyal Sony consumer. I thought that Sony made the best products and I was willing to pay a premium for the brand. Late last year a co-worker in my office was looking for a new flat screen TV. After much research, he came to the conclusion that Samsung made the best TVs. I valued his opinion so I started to look at Samsung.

In the past 3 months I have spent over $4,000 purchasing Samsung electronics. Items bought are:

5/24/09 LN52B750 LCD flat screen tv
5/25/09 BD-P3600 Blu-Ray player
6/15/09 SC-DX205 Camcorder
7/13/09 P2570 Computer monitor
8/11/09 LN40B750 LCD flat screen tv

I am very satisfied with the quality of the products that I have purchased, but this registration issue is unbelievable. It is making me wonder about Samsung as a company in general. This registration problem would not happen with Sony.

In fairness to CNET HD Tech, I have also sent emails to the corporate contacts on the Samsung website and still nothing has been done.

Collapse -
This wouldn't happen with Sony
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 29, 2009 5:13 PM PDT

Paul3456,

I appreciate the support of Samsung products.

Please don't allow a website issue that's (very) wrong to become an overall opinion that supersedes everything we've done right.

I noted that I'd send these issues up when they first arose, and I've been diligent in doing so. Let me follow up on this.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.