Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Regcure scam

by boringgit / October 12, 2007 1:45 AM PDT

Saw an ad for regcure the other day, advertised fro only $9.99! Well only $10 dollars, I`ll give it a try. After I had entered my credit card info I get redirected to another site, paretologic, saying I had been billed $40.
Yes I know I`m sucker No 1 falling for this scam, but for everyone else you have been warned.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Regcure scam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Regcure scam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
call your bank/card issuer
by ozos / October 12, 2007 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Regcure scam

report it as fraud, and see what can be done to stop new charges on the card + possibly get your $40 back

Collapse -
Lesson 1 don't buy from rogue ads
by PKsteven / October 12, 2007 7:49 PM PDT

By the time lesson 1 is learned, it's all too late. However you may want to go here...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/regcure-c8026.html

Lesson 2, don't repeat lesson one.

If you need good tools and free to boot..Just ask here, I mean, "Download.com" right? Plenty of goodies, plus many other sites with FREE great security software or great paid for versions too.

Paul

Collapse -
Regcure really took me to the bank
by somsnlee / August 16, 2009 2:40 PM PDT

I tried to buy regcure without reading CNet forums first. True the webstie states the cost as 9 and some change but charges you closer to 50. Then, i tried to pay using paypal and got an error message from safecart. SO stupid me i gave them my credit card info as I am desperate to get my comp working again and now I have paid them about $100 for an item advertised at $10. Back to the website for help, no phone number to call for help. GREAT. Paretologic is a lousy company to do business with.

Collapse -
RegCure purchase
by Pareto Rep / August 17, 2009 4:32 AM PDT

Hello Somsnlee

We sincerely regret to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced with the RegCure purchase process.

Please be reassured that Paretologic is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.

If you require further assistance, or assistance in sorting out your purchase, please send an email detailing your issues along with your purchase information(ie: Order #, license keys etc) to helpdesk@paretologic.com and one of our highly skilled Customer Support Team will be delighted to assist you.

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison

Collapse -
What You Should Know About RegCure
by jrchan / August 29, 2009 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: RegCure purchase
Collapse -
reqCure
by vermae / September 1, 2009 12:12 PM PDT

Been using it for months and I like it.the first time I down loaded it I did something wrong and it made a mess.But for some reason i tried it again about six months later and all is well.

Collapse -
Worthless porduct
by Fred058 / September 24, 2009 8:20 AM PDT

My computer had error problem 1719 (Windows Installer not working). I "googled" the error for solutions and RegCure popped as able to fix the error. I ran their scan and Regcure said I had many problems (300 or so) which cold be fixed by the purchase of the product. I purchased it, ran the scan, and RegCure supposedly "fixed" the errors. I still had error 1719. I ended up having to reinstall Windows and in the process of re-installing my programs - I re-installed RegCure (as I had paid for it). Two days later, I received an E-mail saying I had too many Installations and I must purchase RegCure again (fat chance!) and the year subscription of the product is disabled.

Lesson learned - The product does nothing to fix what it advertises and is a waste of money.

Collapse -
WOT
by vermae / September 1, 2009 12:16 PM PDT

Go to Google and find out about WOT.I think you will be glad you did.I would give you the link if I knew how.

Collapse -
Regcure
by Fred n Sheba / August 29, 2009 11:42 PM PDT

I've been using this product for several years. It really helps my computer run faster. As a matter of fact I just bought a new subsription. I believe for the price you paid you get several products. They each have a product key# you need to enter. They should have emailed these to you with your reciept.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.