Windows Vista

Question

Reg Clean Pro by SYSTWEK

by Snellvillepenny / March 25, 2013 6:43 AM PDT

My husband accidentially installed the above software, which un-installed my Norton 360 (not good). I am not able to un-install the Reg Clean program - can anyone help?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Reg Clean Pro by SYSTWEK
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Reg Clean Pro by SYSTWEK
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try Using Revo Uninstaller....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 27, 2013 6:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Revo Uninstaller
by Snellvillepenny / March 27, 2013 10:19 PM PDT

Grif:
Thanks for your info - one of our techies out in the field also send me an e-mail with the exact same suggestion.

Collapse -
HOW can I trust YOU!?
by koshkamat / July 26, 2014 2:14 AM PDT

Um if I click on that site what will happen? WHY would they (or you) be honest. CNET should REALLY be ashamed of themselves. I will tell EVERYONE I know to NEVER TRUST THEM.

Collapse -
Do you think
by itsdigger / July 26, 2014 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: HOW can I trust YOU!?

folks at this forum wants to screw you over ? You should go somewhere where you feel safe and not bother folks here.
Beside that, This is an OLD Thread. Start a new one if you want to ask a question or comment.

Digger

Collapse -
This doesn't seem to be from Download.com
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 26, 2014 2:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
Let's see
by Jimmy Greystone / July 26, 2014 3:03 AM PDT

Let's see...

* Digging up an old thread... Check.
* Random accusations without even the hint of any evidence... Check.
* General foaming at the mouth feel... Check.
* Clearly disjointed thought process... Check.
* Vague threats based on inflated sense of self-importance... Check.

Yes, I think it's safe to say we've been visited by another of the delightful nutters that inhabit the Internet. In the olden days, short of an unfortunate chance encounter or some kind of familial relation, you could go your entire life without running into a member of the tinfoil hat brigade. With the Internet, they're able to share their... Unique... View of the world with the rest of us.

Without these people, how would we know about the King of Sweden using a part of his anatomy as a radio transmitter to send anti-semitic meatloaf recipes? (Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference) We're in the presence of greatness here people! We should all drink in as much ambiance as we can before the men with the butterfly nets and the nice warm wrap-around coats show up to keep us from hearing the truth. Men in black my ****, that's just what they WANT you to think! They're really dressed in white and take you to these padded rubber rooms.

Collapse -
You can believe it!
by James Denison / July 27, 2014 4:49 AM PDT

I used one of those registry cleaners on Vista and by the time it finished, I discovered I was back in XP. It said there were other keys that needed cleaning and when that was finished I was running windows 98. I ran it one more time, and you guessed it, I was shoved all the way back to windows 95. I decided it was time to quit using it before I ended up back in windows 3.11. So, rather than fix that mess, I just switched to Linux. Wink

ROFL!

Collapse -
Only YOU Can Decide That...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 30, 2014 4:01 AM PDT

It's not a good idea to trust anyone till YOU'VE done the research. Did you check the site, and the moderators here, before making the comment? So you got malware from bundled software at Download.com. Unfortunately, such malware is more and more common on MANY different download sites. Did you scan the download with good malware scanners before installing? Did you carefully read the license agreement before installing? Everyone should.. Did you? And did you perform the default installation which installs anything and everything without an option to opt out, if given? For such junky programs as registry cleaners, it's not wise to do such.. It's really not wise to install them at all, but others have already provided those comments in this thread.

The moderators here are NOT paid by CNET, we're volunteers, and can only supply the best information we have at the time.. Hopefully, you'll note that the post you're responding to is over a year old? The recommendation might still be good, or it might not be. Did you check it out before ranting?

Either way, the Revo Uninstaller is still a good tool for removing "uninstallable" programs.. Give it a try, but be careful.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Answer
And Something Further About Such Registry Cleaners
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 27, 2013 6:24 AM PDT

Most do more harm than good... as you've seen.. Until the user can identify, and be sure of the requirements of all the items found by such registry cleaners, we recommend not using ANY of them.. I've yet to find an unbiased test and review site for registry cleaners and as such, using such is certainly an unknown prospect..

In addition, although I've tested a few, I have yet to experience any increase in performance after using them..

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.