Sony

General discussion

Red Blotches On Sony LVD Projection TV

by docpsb / March 10, 2011 2:03 AM PST

I have a Sony LCD Projection TV KDF-E42A10. TV worked well for years however now on the screen there appears red blotches when TV picture is white or a light color. Has anyone else experienced this. I'm thinking its possibly dust or lint on the bulb? A friend of mine with another model Sony LCD Rear projection TV model has also experienced the same thing after years of use.
Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Red Blotches On Sony LVD Projection TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Red Blotches On Sony LVD Projection TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sonylistens can help!
by SonyListens / March 10, 2011 4:58 AM PST

Hello and good afternoon!

I'm Sarah Kepler with Sonylistens. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. The Sonylistens team and I would be happy to try and offer some assistance. You can send us an email with your name, phone # and the information about your TV and we will provide you with some options. We look forward to hearing from you

Our email is SonyListens@am.sony.com

Best Regards,
Sarah

Collapse -
Pink bar at top of tv
by jmack78 / September 6, 2011 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Sonylistens can help!

Hi Sarah my name is James Mack and I'm emailing you because I have a sony wega lcd projection tv with a defective part in it that puts a transparent pink bar across the top of my picture. I called in to Sony initially when this happened about 1-1.5 yrs ago. My factory waranty was up by 2 months and Sony told me there was nothing they could do. I was recently reading some articles on this and now i see that Sony was aware of the defective part then. I'm assuming the rep i spoke with wasn't as aware of this problem as some other reps. So because my tv was now really annoying to watch i went out and bought another sony bravia and put my other sony in my bedroom. I am also now having problems with this new tv as well. The tv repair man was here already to replace the motherboard, which cleared up the problem i was having. Now the picture is starting some of those same symptoms as the wega. I just hope it's not the same problem. My bravia is still under waranty so thats not as big of a problem. If there is anything you could do to help me resolve these issues i'm having I would greatly appreciate it. I really enjoy the Sony product when they work right that's why i continue to buy only sony products. My email is jmack9944@gmail .com, phone#484-744-3383. The wega i have a August 2006, model KDF-46E2000, Ser# 9710407. I'm also going to give you the info for my bravia in case there are some problems with that as well since i've had some issues. Sony Bravia Nov 2009, Model #KDL-46VL150, ser# 8009767, this tv is still also under the factory 2 year limited waranty the number on top of the waranty is 4-144-388-01. Sorry for droaning on but i had a lot to get out.
Thank You,
James Mack

Collapse -
kdf-42we655 blue dots all over screen
by peanutberry / December 12, 2011 1:09 AM PST

I AM REALLY TRYING HARD TO GET MY TV FIXED HERE.... I HAVE PUT IN THE EFFORT AS A CUSTOMER TO RESOLVE THIS AND NOW ITS ITS SONYS TURN TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR END. I DONT SEE HOW YOU CAN PUT A DATE ON FIXING A TV FOR A RECALLED PART... THE OPTICAL BLOCK IS DEFECTIVE AND I NEED YOU TO REPLACE AND REPAIR. I LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS AND MY TV. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE.
SCOTT

Collapse -
Should be easy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2011 1:16 AM PST

Here I can go to the Sony site and find repair centers. Your post might be incomplete. Such as not telling everyone that you are looking for a free out of warranty repair.
Bob

Collapse -
Sony listens
by SonyListens / December 12, 2011 7:45 AM PST

Hey Scott,

Please email your Event Number to Mike Puma my email address is Sonylistens@am.sony.com.

Thanks,

Mike Puma
Sonylistens

Collapse -
What can Sony do for me??
by Teaman36 / December 13, 2011 5:51 AM PST

Sarah,

I am having an optical block issue with my KDFE60A20 TV. After speaking to Sony, I was offered the following options.
KDL55EX500 for $775.00 + local sales tax
KDL60EX720 for $1475.00 + local sales tax

I paid $2500 for my TV + tax and $500 + tax for my stand.

Every component that I have is a Sony and I have been a great customer and advocate of Sony products. This is a lot to pay for a replacement TV and especially since this is a known issue and not due to any customer related damage. Please let me know what you can do for me.

Thank you

Collapse -
Sonylistens
by SonyListens / December 14, 2011 2:52 AM PST

Hey Teaman36,

Please email your event number and post to Sonylistens@am.sony.com.

Thanks,

Mike Puma
Sonylistens

Collapse -
same
by dburde1 / April 14, 2014 9:16 AM PDT

I had a Sony 70 that had the optical block problem then was replaced with a Sony 60 that has a bright blue line going right down the middle of the TV. Sony will only give me a 20 percent discount which is what it costs at best buy. They replaced a defective with a defective and only give 1 year warranty on both. I realize that there are lots of scammers out there, but this is not the case. I spent lots of hours trying to get the defective TVs replaced because both cost more to fix than what a new one does, and all that is done is ''go buy a new one''. Sarah Kepler helped me the first time and she cares. But that is the old Sony. Sarah is now with a different department and they won't let me talk to her. They won't download a picture or take an TV repair shop invoice saying its beyond repair. I bought Sony TV's all my life but will NOT continue because of the new so called Sony listens department. They will not stand behind their quality any more. Would you go buy a TV after the last 2 have been defective? And no one cares......I spent 4500 on the first 70 inch defective TV .And settled for 60 inch that was defective. Sony used to CARE.......Sure miss good people like Sarah Kepler...

Collapse -
i have a bad sony tv
by ognib13 / February 22, 2012 12:55 AM PST

Hi im hoping Sarah Kepler can help me as she seems to have helped many others . Ok i bought a sony wega rear projection tv in 2006 have had it repaired many times the lamp or optic engine and it just went bad again sears repair man just came out and took it apart again now this time the parts are no longer available so he sent it away to be fixed so once again im without a tv i paid alot of money for this tv that breaks down every year or more and now im without a tv for at least 2 weeks and when they do fix it it is going to go bad again. So Sarah please help model number is KDFE60A20 i have to take another day off work for the repair man this tv has cost me a fortune . Im hoping sony will replace it as the is no longer available......... Thank You !

Collapse -
sony tv defective
by dburde1 / April 14, 2014 9:26 AM PDT
In reply to: i have a bad sony tv

I had a Sony 70 that had the optical block problem then was replaced with a Sony 60 that has a bright blue line going right down the middle of the TV. Sony will only give me a 20 percent discount which is what it costs at best buy. They replaced a defective with a defective and only give 1 year warranty on both. I realize that there are lots of scammers out there, but this is not the case. I spent lots of hours trying to get the defective TVs replaced because both cost more to fix than what a new one does, and all that is done is ''go buy a new one''. Sarah Kepler helped me the first time and she cares. But that is the old Sony. Sarah is now with a different department and they won't let me talk to her. They won't download a picture or take an TV repair shop invoice saying its beyond repair. I bought Sony TV's all my life but will NOT continue because of the new so called Sony listens department. They will not stand behind their quality any more. Would you go buy a TV after the last 2 have been defective? And no one cares......I spent 4500 on the first 70 inch defective TV .And settled for 60 inch that was defective. Sony used to CARE.......Sure miss good people like Sarah Kepler...

Collapse -
you guys dont listen anymore huh?
by ognib13 / February 25, 2012 12:01 AM PST

Well Sony thanks for nothing . everything i had was sony im going to replace it because sony sucks... they dont care about customer satisfaction... i will find some 1 that does.

Collapse -
I have a defective Sony tv
by jessetijero2010 / May 5, 2012 11:56 AM PDT

Hi my name is Jesse Tijero and I have a defective Sony tv model kdf70xbr950 it started with small blue dots and over time exploded to full blue and yellow blob please help as we spent quite a bit of money on this tv that was supposed to be of SONy quality contact info Jesse Tijero 707-312-0254 direct. 707-226-6509 home. 707-254-9574 office thank you for your help hope to hear from you soon

Collapse -
Hi Sarah, I am having picture problems Sony T/V
by miggy247 / June 13, 2012 2:26 AM PDT

Hi Sarah, I am having picture problems with our Sony Wega 60in T/V. Please call me at (805) 231-2899
Thanks
Darryl

Collapse -
TV
by pat512 / June 13, 2012 4:20 AM PDT

Hi Darryl,

I'm Pat Kennedy and I work for Sony Support USA and we respond to the emails sent to SonyListens@am.sony.com If you are having an issue with any Sony product, please send us an email and include your model and serial number, symptoms and contact information including address and phone number, we will get back in touch with you.

Thanking you in advance....

Collapse -
Gren Tint
by RonaldKr / April 1, 2013 3:22 AM PDT

Called Sony on 4/1/13 and received case # e57311950 on green tint issue ( Optical block ) rep said that warranty extension has expired and offered a 15% discount on a new sony TV. Sorry that their product just started to fail, but after spending over $2000 in 2007, I feel that they should (Sony) should repair my TV FREE. I believe that Sony has just lost a customer and I will pass on my issue to all my Sony friends. I feel that Sony burned ME! And will not do business with Sony again. Hope all your readers feel the same.....

Collapse -
sony bravia 46 inch lcd tv model #kdl46bx420 CAUGHT FIRE!!!
by davey84 / February 2, 2014 2:03 AM PST

hello i was watching my sony lcd one day when the corner of the screen started turning deep black and colored lines appeard on the screen. then i smelt burning it started to melt the screen and burnt my finger touching the black part of the screen. it could have burnt my house down i have three babies!!!!!! i would like a replacement the tv is two years old!!! thank you

Collapse -
So far
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 2, 2014 2:11 AM PST

I rarely see Sony reps stop by here. I suggest you call Sony in your country and in the future avoid hiding your requests in old posts.

This thread is more than 1060 days old.

Collapse -
they do not listen at all have talked numerous times
by dburde1 / April 14, 2014 9:17 AM PDT
In reply to: So far

Collapse -
Blue dots
by jwkneel / May 20, 2014 10:42 AM PDT

I have the KDF 60 inch Sony Wega and my issue is blue dots which I understand is also the optical box. I have had the lamp replaced 2 times and love the TV, but it is getting expensive to keep this up. Hard to believe Sony wont do anything, so I will try here to see if they can keep me as a customer. Pls replace the optical box and make it good. I will be looking for a new TV next week!

Collapse -
Let's hear it straight.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 20, 2014 10:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Blue dots

This looks to be a 2006 TV and I'm guessing you want a free repair on an 8 year old TV?

So far no maker seems to be going that far to win your business.
Bob

Collapse -
what are the regular picture settings of this TV?
by AceAnthony27 / June 25, 2014 9:11 PM PDT

I'm currently using Sony Bravia KLV- 32S499A; 6601912; APZ-AAm-FYK-BMW-AHW-BMT (for service) but everything was reset. now the picture is so weird. I've tried to adjust everything but to no avail. Can you send me the perfect picture settings, like exact numbers for Backlight, picture, brightness, colour, Hue, colour temp., sharpness, and MPEG noise Reduction. Thank you!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.