Phones forum

General discussion

Recovering Photos from the BlackBerry device memory

by Archangeldawn / April 17, 2009 11:22 AM PDT

Hello everyone

I was using the desktop manager 4.7 /Roxio media manager to be able to remove the photos taken by my Blackberry pearl since they are set to store in device memory and not in the storage media (micro-SD). Well upon transferring files to my desktop , some image files would say "drawing failed" when I would open them using Windows Picture viewer, so I deleted them in batch. I accidentally deleted some that were not corrupted.

I have recovered images from my PC's Hard-drive, but I would like to know if there is software that will specifically recover photos from the black berry's device memory. My current PC file recovery won't see the Blackberry Pearl as a drive letter so it's not scan-able.

I have the BlackBerry Pearl 8100
PC specs : Windows XP-SP2, Pentium III, 1GB ram.

Thanks in advance for the info

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recovering Photos from the BlackBerry device memory
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recovering Photos from the BlackBerry device memory
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Roxio works with both
by Joliet Eddie / April 19, 2009 7:25 AM PDT

On my Pearl 8130 Roxio media manager can access the internal memory just as easily as the media card, moving images or whatever to/from internal memory to/from either the memory card or to/from my computer. Not sure why you're having that problem.

Collapse -
Software for Photo recovery within the phone's memory
by Archangeldawn / April 20, 2009 9:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Roxio works with both

I know Roxio can manage files from the media device and the media card. A Picture or two got deleted within the media device, and I'm having a hard time recovering it. I've tried the two following software PC TOOL'S "File Recovery" and Get Data's "Recover my Files" but both have only been able to recover files from the media card not the phone's internal memory device.

Apparently it's near impossible to recover photos stored within the phone's memory device, unless it's from the micro-sd card, so I've given up....

Collapse -
that's good to know
by Joliet Eddie / April 22, 2009 11:11 PM PDT

The internal memory must not use a file structure/format that lends itself to recovery.

Why not save your photos directly to the media card right away? That is what I do. The only things that I put in the internal memory are sounds that I want to use for ringers/alarms and images for the background screen. Otherwise, all else goes on the media card.

Collapse -
thanks Joliet Eddie for the wise recommendation
by Archangeldawn / April 25, 2009 10:45 AM PDT
In reply to: that's good to know

Yeah I've learned my lesson. I will start saving photos into the media micro-sd card rather than the internal phone memory.

Thanks for that tidbit

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.