Phones forum

General discussion

Record cellphone Greeting to CD?

by fiftyso / August 27, 2006 5:18 AM PDT

Sprint Samsung SPH-A560 belonged to my husband who has died. I would like to record his ''voice'' to CD before changing the greeting on the phone. What equipment or programs can I use to do this? I have recorded it to a digital voice recorder and quality is not great but OK. (1) Is there another way to get a quality recording, and (2)how do I get it onto a CD? Tracy

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Record cellphone Greeting to CD?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Record cellphone Greeting to CD?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why?
by wliang / August 27, 2006 8:06 AM PDT

Why do you need it on a cd??? Does the phone have a voice recorder on it? If it does, record the voicemail greeting while in the call

Collapse -
Copy greeting off phone
by fiftyso / August 27, 2006 2:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Why?

I want to preserve the voice-print for my children, so I need to transfer his answering ''greeting'' out of his phone and onto a medium from which multiple good quality copies could be made.

Collapse -
weak ideas
by wliang / August 28, 2006 8:00 AM PDT

umm...does the phone have a voice recorder. If it does, record the voice and send the recorded file to your email address. Then copy it to the cd. That's the way most people would do it

Collapse -
Maybe I'm not explaining what I want
by fiftyso / August 28, 2006 12:04 PM PDT
In reply to: weak ideas

I think I don't understand ... the phone does record messages from people who call, but I want to copy the greeting they hear... that is, I want to record the part that says ''sorry I can't answer but leave a message and I'll call you back.''

Collapse -
yea, you really don't
by wliang / August 28, 2006 3:01 PM PDT

I am not talking about you listening to a voice message.
This is a question you have not answered. Does the phone itself have a voice recorder? It is separate from voicemail.
If it has a voice recorder, here's what you do-
1.Call your husbands number
2.When voicemail greeting comes on, enable the phone's voice recorder and record his greeting
3.Send the recorded file to your email address
4.Copy the file onto the cd.

You are not recording a voice message, just his greeting. If you are having trouble with this after my instructions, I can help you in another way

Collapse -
Enlightenment!
by fiftyso / August 29, 2006 12:05 AM PDT
In reply to: yea, you really don't

Ahhhh! I didn't realize you could actually record an active phone call! His phone does have a memo option which I find allows me to record a call, and it can send email also altho I've never done that - it is so simple! My phone doesn't have this function but I'll find a friend with a record enabled phone and get it done. Thanks so much!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.