Android

General discussion

Recommendations for cases (or stores) for the HTC EVO.

by thegibson / July 7, 2011 2:36 PM PDT

New EVO 4G, but we're looking for cases and aren't really finding
anything we like. There HAS to be some good stuff out there, but besides
Amazon, we're not really sure where to look. Most stuff that comes up
in a search seems kinda sketchy.

Recommendations?

Also, is a clear plastic screen cover really necessary?

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recommendations for cases (or stores) for the HTC EVO.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recommendations for cases (or stores) for the HTC EVO.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Otter box
by jctmi421 / July 7, 2011 9:47 PM PDT

I had the same problem, but found the Otter Box and love it. There are three versions, I have the Commuter, it has a silicone inside but a hard place outer layer so that it still slides in and out of my pocket easy. I have dropped my phone several times with the case on and it's done a great job of protecting my phone.

Collapse -
Agreed
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 8, 2011 4:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Otter box

You really "Otter" get the Otterbox Defender series. Laugh

Collapse -
Ohh good grief!!
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 8, 2011 4:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Agreed
Devil

Mark
Collapse -
I have the EVO 4G and got the SEDIO battery and cover.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2011 2:59 AM PDT

Because the stock battery needed a boost during the day I opted for the biggest battery I could find from SEDIO and they had some replacement back and another shield over that.

I didn't bother with the screen protector as I don't pocket it with keys or change. No scratches at 6 or so months.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks!
by thegibson / July 9, 2011 9:03 AM PDT

Anyone else I should look at? Going to buy later today.

Also, sorry for cross posting. I was unsure if this belonged in the Android thread or the Cell Phone one.

Collapse -
In my opionion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2011 4:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

The notes so far seem great. yes it's just 2 but my opinion is that the Otter wins for those that are hard on phones. What I use isn't bullet and acid proof but it's all I need.
Bob

Collapse -
Otterbox is annoying...
by rmarsolek / July 11, 2011 1:03 AM PDT

the BODY GLOVE CASE WORKS GREAT!!! and put a ZAGG screen guard or none at all.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.