Headphones & Mp3 Players

Question

Recommend a mp3 (no idea what to buy)

by Bladma12 / September 6, 2012 9:04 PM PDT

Hey, I'm 14, I had an iPod touch but lost it Sad and now I wan't to buy a new mp3. I noticed with the iPod Touch I mostly just listened to music so dug a bit deeper into mp3's and found that it's a whole world on it's own.
Basically, I need help to choose an mp3 that has good space (maybe 32GB at least I think), something that focuses on quality and not on Apps and such that will just make it more expensive.
So my prefered mp3 would be:
-32ishGB
-focuses on quality and not apps
-rather not have to deal with external programs such as iTunes and such.
I would rather not have apple products suggested because I know there are products with same quality but lower price because of brand.
Thanks beforehand,
Ben

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recommend a mp3 (no idea what to buy)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recommend a mp3 (no idea what to buy)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'll go with this one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2012 4:20 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Consider the iPod Classic
by stevepower / September 7, 2012 10:04 AM PDT

If it wasn't for your desire to avoid Apple and iTunes, I would say that the 160GB iPod Classic might be perfect for you. You might want to consider it since it's price is pretty reasonable for an apple product. It is $228 at Amazon for a well made 160GB MP3 player.

Collapse -
Answer
I love my Cowon
by crazyquiltmom / September 8, 2012 12:07 AM PDT

I have a Cowon D2, now discontinued, & I love it. It sounds great. The interface is a little quirky but when you get used to it, it's not so bad. It plays multiple file formats including mp3, FLAC, & OGG. My player is an 8 GB, but has a slot for SD memory cards so the smaller storage is not a problem for me.

I know they have players with 32 GB capacity, but I don't know what your budget is. The X9 & the S9 with 32 GB is substantially less expensive than the Ipod Touch also with 32 GB of storage.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Answer
Try looking at a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player
by Reego7 / September 8, 2012 2:14 AM PDT

If you want something good quality that isn't expensive like Apple products, try looking at Sandisk Sansa players..
you can find new ones on eBay at a reasonable price - you can add Micro SD Cards for more storage space.They do play videos, have an FM Radio, Recording ability from FM as well as live recording.To add Music, WMP is all that's needed - just sync with PC.
Here's a link to an Auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-8GB-Sandisk-Sansa-e280-Mp3-Player-with-Voice-Recorder-FM-Radio-MicroSD-Slot-/190599857321?forcev4exp=true
....Just so you know, this isn't my Auction or anyone that I know.....I thought I would offer a suggestion...

Collapse -
Good point, but I suggest buying a used one
by Pepe7 / October 3, 2012 2:56 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.