I'm in the process of uploading songs onto my computer in an effort to get rid of a chunk of my massive cd collection. I noticed that as of 2/6/13, everything that I've uploaded is no longer showing up in WMP. The files are still on my hard drive, thank goodness, but I cannot get them to show up in WMP even though I used WMP to upload them. It doesn't matter whether I upload from a cd or download from the internet (tried this just to see what would happen); nothing is sticking.
I've also noticed that I cannot delete anything currently in the WMP from 2/3/13 to 2/5/13, and that WMP cannot find the files for the songs uploaded during this time. Prior to that date all is fine.
The only link I can make to the timing is that I last ran a backup on 2/2/13, but do this at least twice a month and have never had it affect WMP before.
Clearly there is some kind of corruption going on, and the obvious solution would be to rebuild the music library. But I've had to do this twice in the past year, losing all my ratings & personalized information each time, and with over 10K songs it is much too time consuming and painful an undertaking to do again! So if anyone has suggestions for things I can do to possibly (hopefully) find/fix the problem, I would be truly grateful.
WMP version 12, Windows 7 Professional. 32-bit OS. Also, there is no question that WMP is set to automatically add these and all uploaded songs.