TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

receivers choice?

by madafua / October 17, 2005 7:38 PM PDT

I am looking for a receivers that's cheap but yet good quality. there are few in my mind, like
pioneerVSX-D912K $260
Yamaha HTR-5830 $200
Onkyo TX-LR552 $200
well, I don't know much about them but I have only try YamahaHTR-5830 since I was helping my friend to install it, and it sounds good and very easy to use.
sorry, I know my budget is tight. because I know I am cheap ***. beside those above, maybe you can give me any suggestion of the one in your mind
thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: receivers choice?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: receivers choice?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depends
by Jumper42 / October 18, 2005 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: receivers choice?

there are a few ways you can go.

you can go with one that fits the budget and will work great for surround but in a few years you may be looking to spend another 200 - 300 for another upgrade.

you can spend around the 450 range get a receiver that has multi hdmi inputs(for most HDboxes) and last you for a solid 5 - 8 years until the next big thing comes out for home audio.

the thing you have to consider is your tv an HDTV and does it have an hdmi input. if it does not then i would go the first way unless you are planning to buy an HDTV soon.

the product that i like the best is JVC's new receiver the rx-d402 or rx-d702. i currently do not own either of them but i am in the process of saving up for the 702 and also waiting to see some more revies on them.

Collapse -
That is the wrong place to save money
by mrobzo / October 28, 2005 8:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Depends

Spring for a good Denon, Onkyo, or Yamaha. They will pay back dividends for years. Sony a cheap one that covers all your bases. Check that out and give your ears and mind pure joy.

Collapse -
THINK BIG
by stewart norrie / October 29, 2005 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: receivers choice?

I just junked my cheap pioneer amp and speakers O it sounded pertty good problem was you could hear sound coming from all the speakers and that was it So I bought a new Denon AVR-3805 amp and Atlantic technology 4200 speakers and matching subwoffer and added two of my old Cerwin Veaga speakers on the back wall. And to make it simple I ran all my vidio connection directly to my hi-def t.v Well now I have a 7.1 sound system thats mindbending , I paid about $3400 for this system but it sounds as good as systems costing twice as much just remember the speakers is where you want to spend the money on they are an investment and will last a life time good luck stewart norrie

Collapse -
Great choice!
by mrobzo / October 30, 2005 8:24 AM PST
In reply to: THINK BIG

You have an awesome sound!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.