Mac Applications forum

General discussion

recalling deleted safari history

by acbates / February 25, 2009 1:44 AM PST

running iMac Intel core 2 Duo with OS 10.5.4, Safari 3.1.2
accidently deleted history before saving web pages to files. Any way to recover deleted history in Safari?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: recalling deleted safari history
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: recalling deleted safari history
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not that I know of
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 25, 2009 1:58 AM PST

Do you have a reason for saving your history to files?

If it is for ease of use, then be aware that when you open one of those files, you will be looking at an old version of the web page.

Collapse -
recovering deleted safari history
by noafranco / May 10, 2009 9:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Not that I know of

I'm pretty sure that my teenage daughter is chatting with this older man on myspace. I've caught little things here and there in her conversations and she seems to close the laptop every time I come in her room. I was looking at her Safari history the other day and noticed that it had all been cleared. I checked a few days in a row because I've been suspicious and each day I am finding that the history has been completely cleared. Is there ANY possible way to get that history back or to find it somewhere else on the computer. I do not want to make her angry but she's already at that very closed off age and I fear for her safety. I'm afraid if I install a spy software type of device that she will find it because she is obviously way more computer savvy than I. Please let me know if you have ANY possible ideas. I would so appreciate the help. Thanks so much!

Collapse -
Recovering deleted history
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / May 10, 2009 10:24 AM PDT

I did some research on this problem and found a piece of software that may help you.

It's called Herodotus and can be found Here

It's the best I could come up with as most of the conclusions are that, once deleted, the history is just that, History.

Let us know how you get on

Collapse -
Safari History
by ilrakejrep / July 26, 2009 7:49 AM PDT

How can recall deleted History information?

Collapse -
Recovering history
by bhrater / May 25, 2009 1:23 PM PDT

Ok when the history has been deleted it is hard to recover those files.
You never mentioned your access to the internet, if you use a wireless router some, linksys and netgear can retain logs for you if you have administration rites.
If you don't and are still worried I would contact myspace and let them have a look at the profile.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.