Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Car Tech

Alert

Really let down by Dodge Chrysler 2010 Dodge Ram 1500

by a_gunslinger / April 28, 2011 5:31 AM PDT

Just got thru a long drawn out issue with Dodge Chrysler. Was really taken back by their lack of support and standing behind quality.

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn't have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn't be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Really let down by Dodge Chrysler 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Really let down by Dodge Chrysler 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I feel your pain
by Dan Filice / April 29, 2011 3:23 AM PDT

This is why I have not bothered buying an American car for over 20 years. Yes, I know Asian imports aren't perfect, but there seems to be a different level of quality built into the Imports that I just don't find in Amreican cars. Automobile advertising is basically a license to lie. Since your truck is new, have you thought about going through the Lemon Law legal process? It's difficult, but if you have the means to do it, you may win.

Collapse -
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Vibration problem
by pablitoram / March 27, 2013 7:22 AM PDT

I don't know know what else to do, since Sept 2011 (27K miles) my truck started to vibrate...
Took my truck to the dealer 9 times since then, delaer replaced, tires (out of pocket $1100) , then breaks ($400)
Drive shaft (warranty), shocks (warranty) u joints? (warranty)
Opened a case with Chrysler customer service.. lol useless.
At 65MPH the vibration is truly hard to ignore...
Love my truck, super nice ride, good on gas.. but now? now what do i do?
Lemon law is for cars under 18K miles so i do not qualify for it..

If you have any advice, please share, really in desperate need here! thanks for reading this..

a_gunslinger : that;s for your post... funny to read ""AS PER DESIGN" when you pay a truck $46K

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.