Web Hosting, Design, & Coding

General discussion

READYHOSTING.com is gone?

by manik79 / January 2, 2006 11:54 PM PST

Anyone know what is going on with Ready Hosting? My clients are freaking out on me. They said nothing was going to change when they migrate servers.

Was there any advanced warning of this outage?

thanks

manik

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: READYHOSTING.com is gone?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: READYHOSTING.com is gone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm worried too
by impetus2 / January 3, 2006 12:28 AM PST

in 2005, their level ofservice really decreased.

I am concerened because of all the problems thay have had lately. No way do they have 99.9% uptime.

E-mail has also been flakly. Now this??

I am shopping around today for a better host, just in case I have to move all 50 accounts I have with them.

my phone is ringing off the hook and last time it took them a week to fix e-mail.

yuck.

Collapse -
I dont have back ups of my DB's
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 1:11 AM PST
In reply to: I'm worried too

Do you think they will allow us access to our clients databases? I havent back up a DB in over 3 months!

Collapse -
No
by impetus2 / January 3, 2006 1:39 AM PST

No, you will have to wait until they restore service.

I hear it is a bad router and they are replacing it.

Collapse -
how do you do the backup?
by damselInDistress / January 3, 2006 3:06 AM PST

I am sure this is a dumb question, but how are you backing up your database? I need to do it as well.

Collapse -
I am not backing it up yet
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 3:34 AM PST

Usually i would just log into the servers and manually copy a version of the DB down to my local machine.

Collapse -
Ready Hosting
by ddustin / January 20, 2006 9:40 AM PST
In reply to: I'm worried too

I have been using Ready Hosting for about a year.
Over the last 2 months I have had HUGE problems with them.

Email problems, servers going down, all kinds of excuses.

Now with the recent migration to the new "platform" they screwed up my site and the access.

They couln't even tell that I needed Frontpage extensions on my site. Can't any 5th grader do that these days?

My clients are SCREAMING about the service and I'm in real danger of loosing a substantial amount of business.

I also had tickets closed without resolution.

When I've called them for tech support they have been sympathetic, and have helped to trace down the issue(s). But when the problem was on the "transition team" side, it got lost.

I have given them a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Here is the topper.....
I have been communicating with them via Email and had to tell them 3 times to use a different account to reply as my domain email was down, and they didn't do it right.

If they can make good and offer me some compensation for my problems I would write a concilation posting indicating they had fixed the issues and were on the straight path.

Bad Bad Bad

Collapse -
Contact Info. for ReadyHosting?
by cmsdealz2 / January 3, 2006 1:18 AM PST

Just wondering if anyone has any contact info. for ReadyHosting?

Collapse -
Ready Hosting Contact Info
by mepotter / January 3, 2006 1:32 AM PST

1-888-487-3239 or 262-652-7640

Another one is 1-888-257-2052

Router switch went bad should be back up in one hour or so per Customer Service at 12:32pm

Collapse -
ReadyHosting Phone Number
by mepotter / January 3, 2006 1:19 AM PST

Does anybody have their phone number handy???

E-mail has been shut down, web site no connections etc.

Thanks if you can help.

Collapse -
Website
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 1:20 AM PST
Collapse -
I GOT THRU
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: Website

There was a problem with a router. they say the servers will be back up ASAP.

They better not be lying

Collapse -
This sucks
by quasievil / January 3, 2006 1:35 AM PST
In reply to: I GOT THRU

I'm switching. 99.9% of 365 is 364. This year they've been down at least 5 days.

Collapse -
ya
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 1:36 AM PST
In reply to: This sucks

Well i just hope they really do come back online. I need to get my **** so i can switch hosts.

Anyone know of a good Windows/ .net host that isnt too too expensive?

Collapse -
Domain name ownership
by quasievil / January 3, 2006 2:51 AM PST
In reply to: ya

Hey Manik,

did you by any chance register any domains with readyhosting? Do you know how hard/possible it is to get them to hand domains over?

It looks like they need to be unlocked and granted transfer through written notice by them.

Collapse -
No i dont
by manik79 / January 3, 2006 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Domain name ownership

Actually i do have 2 domians registered thru them!! This could be trouble!

Collapse -
domain name trouble indeed
by quasievil / January 5, 2006 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: No i dont

Someone in another thread recommended going through credit card and BBB for the chargeback of the funds. If we can find the language of the contract, might be worthwhile to tackle the domain name issues at the same time.

QE

Collapse -
I'm pissed, but where do we go for cheap hosting?
by sstevens69 / January 11, 2006 9:25 PM PST

I supposed it was too good to be true. I've used RH for almost 5 years, and they've been up most of the time. When they go down, they go down HARD.

I've never registered a domain name with them, I use GKG.net - only $8.95/year! It's worth the extra $$ to have control over the domain.

If RH goes down again for more than a couple hours, I'm gone. All I have to do (after I find another host) is change the DNS at GKG.

Sherm

Collapse -
New Host?
by Themisive / January 11, 2006 10:20 PM PST

I don't know about you people or how much you want to spend, however, I have a site originally registered with Firstcall hosting, but they have been taken over by Blackfoot Hosting Ltd - they're on http://www.blackfoot.co.uk .

They do seem to be pretty reasonable, and do give pleny of choice.

Collapse -
macUSA.net
by dmcfalls / January 12, 2006 7:32 AM PST
In reply to: ya
Collapse -
Switch to Heffcomm
by Heffcomm / January 12, 2006 4:14 AM PST

Switch to Heff Communications
Webmaster@Heffcomm.net
678-574-9652 Voice
678-574-9692 Fax
Microsoft Partner
Cheap, good, technically competent, flexible
Great service, Hosted Exchange or just pop3!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.