PC Applications forum

Alert

Re; Very bad feedback about Paretologic Data Recovery Pro

by PeterPLondon / October 13, 2012 7:44 PM PDT

I googled recover deleted files and saw at the top of the page, a video which seems to be to me, an obvious promotional ad for a product that many people worldwide have had big trouble with. The forums are full of horror stories about this company paretologic, growing numbers of furious customers have not been given refunds offered on the company's website & loads of people have been posting warnings on several forums about them.

The Pareto logic website doesn't seem to show the head office Tel No., any clear refund policy or the cost of this product (that I found useless in finding my files after its scan), all of which sounded alarm bells with me. They claim the scan and download are free, but then you find out, 2hrs later after the scan, that you have to pay once you click to save the found files!! Not exactly the most transparent and honest business practice I've come across!!!. Firstly I urge you to read about the misery people have been suffering before you fall for that apparently 'helpful' youtube video with 335,000 views. Has anyone else had a problem with these people and failed to get the refund promised by their website? It seems surprising that the Canadian authorities haven't acted already based on the evidence contained in the forums I read.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Re; Very bad feedback about Paretologic Data Recovery Pro
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Re; Very bad feedback about Paretologic Data Recovery Pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My tip. I've collected FREE title, FREE to try and pay
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2012 5:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
money makes everything
by datarecovery2012 / October 15, 2012 6:07 PM PDT

if you pay money, no matter what your products are or no matter they are good or bad, they can be promoted perfectly.

Collapse -
Paretologic
by basilisk23 / August 22, 2015 12:25 PM PDT

Everything said in the article is true. I just purchased the program, falling for the youtube ad.
The program found nearly 500'000 recoverable files. It did not scan the files as per the file extensions I requested. The only mode which seems to work is the advanced scan without specifying any particular file extensions. I was faced with the same dilemma, unable to view a recoverable file unless I purchased the program. After I made the transaction, the scanned files disappeared. I just lost my computer for another half day of scanning, since Paretologic recommends that one does not use the computer during the scan. The subsequent scan came up with 350'000 recoverable files, down quite a number from the trial scan. When I finally had access to the recoverable files, I transferred them to an external harddrive for the purpose of vetting the files. None of the so called recoverable files opened with the programs which they were originally created; .jpeg;.pdf;.doc;.docx all Windows 7 64 bit applications. The properties all showed the correct file extensions. Many files were duplicated, or were files that had not been lost, but were in fact in active files and folders. I am still waiting for a reply from Tech Support. I found the program to be simple to use, however with very little specific input to target what I was looking for. The help program is not so much of a help program, but rather a duplication of the scan window put in words, with the same lack of good guidance.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.