Computer Help forum

General discussion

Razer BlackWidow configurator not detecting keyboard

by Ericwho / February 28, 2011 8:51 AM PST

Just today I got my new Razer BlackWidow. Everything worked fine until I tried installing the BlackWidow configurator. When I ran it for the first time it said "No Razer BlackWidow Connected. Application will close." I tried updating it, I got the same message. I plugged the keyboard into a different port, still got the message. I then tried reinstalling it, it still wouldn't work. I have no idea what's causing this problem and I really would really appreciate help.

System Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad
8GB Ram

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Razer BlackWidow configurator not detecting keyboard
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Razer BlackWidow configurator not detecting keyboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just checking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2011 10:27 AM PST
Collapse -
Think I have your problem.
by Shokker04 / April 28, 2011 2:05 PM PDT

Turned out I downloaded the wrong drivers from Razer's site, since the Black Widow and the Black Widow Ultimate are on different lines in their keyboard page and they don't detect the same. Try downloading the other one and it should all work.

Collapse -
I Fixed it Try it
by ll---SHADOW---ll / July 11, 2012 8:44 PM PDT

This was an e Mail I sent to Razer but you can try it since it worked for me

After long hours of trying to figure out what was wrong with the keyboard I found out it was something really simple, it had nothing to do with the drivers or firmware but I do think the new driver v1.08 turned off Boot loader for the drivers in the keyboard so saying that be sure you have the latest Razer Synapse installed (I had v1.03.07 ) so my answer to all this was that all I had to do is turn it back on under System Configuration (Just type it under the search bar if you can't find it on top of the windows button) Start it up, then go to where it says Start up and look for Razor Blackwidow Driver & check that back on and then hit apply and then restart your computer and just wait until your keyboard installs itself again from USB it should something like New Driver Installing on your computer & from there it should start installing all the other drivers and firmware from Synapse. So if anyone has the same problem as me just tell them to do that and it should fix it. P.S. I have Windows 7.

Collapse -
How odd.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2012 1:36 AM PDT
In reply to: I Fixed it Try it

You lead off with it having nothing to do with the drivers then detail how to enable a driver.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.