Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Rainy Halloween Night

by itsdigger / October 31, 2013 9:39 AM PDT

here in Chicago and not one Trick or Treater. Don't Make Me Eat All Of This Candy ~<:^o

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rainy Halloween Night
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rainy Halloween Night
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just one.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / October 31, 2013 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Rainy Halloween Night

In rainy Wales, the dog got 'em though.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
We got 3 kids and 6 adults
by Steven Haninger / October 31, 2013 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Just one.

All the kids were soggy. The parents had umbrellas. I gave about 5 or 6 pieces to each kid but should have used a small shovel to give it away. I'm going be sick and my dentist will be wealthy. Happy

Collapse -
It's a good thing in the country, you don't get much
by Roger NC / October 31, 2013 11:09 AM PDT

in fact, after the first two years here, we quit buying candy, and I didn't buy any this year.

I probably should have a few on hand in case, but if any had come they would have ended up with those yogurt covered nut bars. Or bananas, apples, or oranges, but most parents now don't want kids taking anything not "factory wrapped".

I was bad tonight, I actually fried a sweet potato and fixed pasta, not even whole grain, one of those pouch jobs where you just add water to pasta and favoring. I did have that with baked fish, but it was the honey chipotle covered frozen salmon.

So the next few days will be whole grains and salad I guess, maybe baked sweet potato.

Collapse -
HA! That's not bad Roger
by itsdigger / October 31, 2013 11:18 AM PDT

Here's bad....I had a big honkin' steak burrito loaded, with sour cream and avacado jalepeno sauce and a bunch of mini Snicker bars and Kit-Kats. Devil Fellin' better about yourself now Laugh ....Digger

Collapse -
Minor WWW squabble...
by Willy / November 1, 2013 12:34 AM PDT

I don't know if you picked it up, but a home owner didn't give out candy to all the kids. She instead gave a note to the "fat kids" as a warning that a "village raises a kid" line to help obese kids need no extra candy in their lives.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/30/moms-mean-halloween-letter-for-overweight-kids-goes-viral-but-could-it-be-fake/

Oh man, you need to make a statement at this time when a kid wants to be a kid and all that. I see her side of it, but timing is everything and I don't see a kid being happy with a note. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
I say fake.
by Steven Haninger / November 1, 2013 12:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Minor WWW squabble...

Unless a person takes the time to compose several letters claiming various levels of obesity, I think this was more likely phony. Besides, costumes kids wear aren't often that revealing of their girth. Height, yes...circumference, no.

Collapse -
Just think
by James Denison / November 1, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: I say fake.

NYC and San Francisco on soft drinks and it becomes imminently believable. She could have given them sealed packs of beef jerky then, but probably some chemical or salt in that she disagrees with too. Anyway, what better way to get back at neighbors than to increase their kid's dental bills, LOL?

Collapse -
Well if it's true
by itsdigger / November 1, 2013 1:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Minor WWW squabble...

She's a Real ****! They do make suger free and fat free candy these days, and Steve's right, how would someone know if a kids fat or thin ? ...Digger

Collapse -
we had more than usual this year
by James Denison / November 1, 2013 5:01 AM PDT

I think no Snickers left over for me. Weather here was low 70's and rained the next day instead.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.