Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Radio Reception and MP3 players

by ProxRB / May 12, 2005 3:23 PM PDT

Generally, do mp3 players on the order of iRiver's h10 or Creative's Zen Micro have acceptable radio reception? Is it truly usable? I'm not too picky about the sound quality, but if its any worse than cassett tapes recorded on a less-than-ideal sony walkman from the 90's with their dinky little mics, then there is no practical value to me.

Essentially, I'm trying to decide between the Micro and Rio's carbon. Since the price is about the same, and everything else is relatively irrelevant to me, its a question of whether the radio is functional.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Radio Reception and MP3 players
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Radio Reception and MP3 players
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
iRiver 700 series...
by DCizzle / May 13, 2005 3:18 PM PDT

I thought the radio was awesome on the little flash player. I really didn't care for a radio, but was surprised on quality... I had no problem hitting record on my favorite song playing on the radio and then saving as solid item in my memory.

Collapse -
Radio and Rio do NOT mix...
by NuB4Now / May 13, 2005 4:50 PM PDT

If you are interested in radio at all don't consider the Rio players. I like their line in general(not a big radio fan myself) but the radio reception is unusable... PERIOD. FYI

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.