Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Rabbit TV

by trinal / February 21, 2013 8:00 AM PST

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about Rabbit TV? Is there anyone who has bought? I have been considering trying it out. I'm not sure if this is the forum I should be using to find out about this.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rabbit TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rabbit TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I know nothing about it but found this
by Steven Haninger / February 21, 2013 8:58 AM PST
In reply to: Rabbit TV
Collapse -
Scams abound, eh?
by Luffchylde / May 14, 2013 1:42 PM PDT

What on earth could you possibly want more for $10 a YEAR? Let's get real, here. WAY cheaper than netflix or hulu, and the time it would take you to locate even half what they have makes it worth it. Sheesh.

Collapse -
by Glenda. / May 15, 2013 3:01 AM PDT

all these are nothing but antennas, All you get is local network TV which is already FREE! LOL

Collapse -
Actually it appears to be some USB stick
by Steven Haninger / May 15, 2013 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL

upon which someone has compiled a list of links to video programming so there is hardware involved. Finding out more is just a google away so most of these random posts from 1 use "members" are just spam, shills or people with too much idle time to burn. Happy

Collapse -
I agree
by Glenda. / May 15, 2013 6:07 AM PDT

I have seen so many commercials on TV for these things and I wonder how stupid anyone could be to pay for something you can do free!

Collapse -
since digital conversion, and the resulting shorter range
by Roger NC / May 15, 2013 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree

there are people finding they don't get the over the air stations they did before, at least a substantial portion of the time, with the same antenna they used before.

Digital may be a better picture, but a weaker signal doesn't mean fuzzy or some "snow" it means freezing, skipping, or nothing.

Even though I'm on cable currently, I've been interested in what different results people get with different model antennas.

Collapse -
I've a rabbit ears and an old attic antenna

of the directional type. It had a rotator but the switch box gave out so further adjustments would need to be manual. These used 300 ohm parallel type wiring back then but mine adapts from 300 to 72-75 for the cable connectors. I live in a large enough city that I can get about 10 or so channels but only 6 or 6 have anything I care to watch. Some channels seem to have side channels as well such as channel 6 has a 6.1 which is just weather. I need to use the rabbit ears occasionally for fine tuning as I'm sure I have signal loss from the attic wiring length. Mine suits me fine as I'm not a TV buff and don't need premium services. Bad weather...especially windy...does seem to affect my reception and I do get jerky images when this happens. I live with it. I think the average cable bill these days is said to top 100 bucks. I'd rather keep my money.

Collapse -
Mine is about half again that, but that is tv and internet
by Roger NC / May 16, 2013 9:16 AM PDT

Last antenna I had had the adapter mounted right on the antenna that hooked 300 ohm twin to the antenna and the other end was for a 75 ohm cable down to the tv.

Collapse -
What you get...
by Willy / May 16, 2013 12:06 AM PDT

When looked at as a simple attachment it maybe worth the money. Now, that these are sold at Target and typical store fronts, the cost is the same, minus the S/H part. While, I agree its a pre-loaded list or guide to access what is already present on the WWW, it's there in a "turnkey setup" w/o that much user install involvement once done. What now seems to be the common complaint is that users expected much more or equivalent service as if it was cable or paid for services, its just not that way. it depends entirely what is known to be free or accessible as in, "allowed", so don't expect more than that. The drawback, is that a user has to have some hi-speed broadband available to make practical use of it, so if you don't have that, forget about it. Since, this is now been released over some time, "reviews" are more readily available, thus one should look these over and decide what best suits their needs. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
And why is this a spam thread?
by Steven Haninger / May 16, 2013 12:52 AM PDT

Look at the number of posts versus the number of views. Get the picture? Wink

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.